Young Cat
Purraise
Hi yes she is doing very well. Infection free

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Completely? Is she back to normal size again?

When is she getting spayed?

I am pleased to hear that she has overcome the infection. She's a very lucky cat! :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her stomach is back to her normal size she goes back tomorrow for an ultrasound and if she is clear I will make her appointment for next week

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is awesome! I sure hope she makes a full recovery. I'll feel better once I know her uterus is gone and the infection can no longer return.

Let us know what the ultrasound shows tomorrow, and thank you for the update! :)

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she no longer has the infection and is going in for surgery Monday !!!! I feel so blessed bc this is a horrible thing for cats and she made it thru. I'm so happy I went w my gut and realized something was wrong with her. You guys are such a great support team

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so I'm asking for a old friend. Their cat was in heat and got out yesterday and came back late last night. She said she almost seems not to be in heat but when they pet her she raises her butt and meows. Do you think they got lucky and she isn't pregnant?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, I think she went out and got pregnant. Her heat cycle is now winding down, but the remaining hormones cause her to react to petting in the manner you describe. They can get her spayed next week, and the cat will be better off and never know the difference.

I am so glad to hear the infection is gone and that your cat is being spayed Monday. This will ensure a longer, healthier life. You might want to ask for pain meds. She'll probably need them for about 3 days after the surgery.

You are the angel whose sharp eyes and instincts saved this cat. Let us know how she is following her surgery. :)

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I told them about a low cost spay neuter place to go to. I'm not bringing our cat there due to the problems she had she is going to her normal vet. They are bringing her Tuesday. They just took the cat in from a neighbor who couldn't take care of her anymore. Thanks so much and yes they are giving her pain medication. Gonna have to keep her away from the other cats in the house so they don't hurt her. They like to bully

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am glad to hear they are spaying their cat too! It's nice of them to take that person's cat in.

Yes, I agree that your cat should be done by the vet who has treated her all along due to her situation. That's a wise decision.

She will want to sleep a lot the first couple of days. It's not debilitating surgery but there is pain, so the meds take the edge off. Let us know how she is next week!

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will definitely it's a big week I have family coming in all over as well but I will update thanks again

bellad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been following your story since you first posted and cant tell you how relieved I am your kitty has got better so quick!
The first vet you went to who advised her pregnancy was going just fine and wasn't anything to worry about should be ashamed of himself! If it were me a few harsh words would have to be said. I believe he even claimed he heard the kittens heartbeats, just awful! So glad your story has had such a happy ending

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I'm beyond thankful she made such a great recovery and she's getting the surgery. I'm not going back to the original vet I saw I already posted a horrible review and told the secretary what had happened and all they did is apologize

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks back to normal now. Bless her heart for having to suffer through this. One more procedure and she can totally take life easy!