Help- my cat has broken bone, how can i help him

kittygirl02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taryn

He will not heal on his own and he will not be fine. If he could heal on his own the vet wouldn't want to do surgery.

I'm going to be blunt but if you refuse to have the surgery at least have the common decency to have him put to sleep so he doesn't suffer because he will suffer if you don't do anything. Not to mention it's illegal, it's considered medical non-treatment and is considered animal abuse and you could be prosecuted for it. So either have the surgery or put the cat to sleep.

Taryn
An alternative to putting him to sleep would be giving him up for adoption to a family who can afford the procedure and is willing to have it done.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear things went well. I would say cage your cat during healing period, but since that caused my Maggie (she has a broken bone in her foot) to flip our & soak her casting I have no idea how to help you. LOL

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh so glad to see hubby relented. Inside cats are the only way to go IMO. Give them a safe outdoor run and they are very happy.

I hope everything goes ok for your precious kitty.

Please keep us posted. Your husband loves you and knows how important your kitty is to you.

thefelineismine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Remember your pet IS YOUR CHILD.  If your husband had a broken leg, would he get it fixed or just leave it so his cold hearted a$$ could limp around.  All kidding aside, the amount you'll pay dwarfs the amount of guilt you'll be riddled with. I have the same situation but this little toddler kitten was meowing at my back door, with her right hind quarter just dangling.  It was not a compound fracture, but it just dangles.  Now, my neighbor says it will heal on it's own as her cat's leg was crushed and it healed ok.  I really don't want to take the chance, as I couldn' t live with the guilt that the cat came to my house and meowed "Saying to me, I need your help, I'm hurt bad" and I just left it to chance and it didn't heal right.  I am begging, borrowing and selling valuables to get her help.  I pray everyone whose animal needed help and didn't get it, that God saw it proper to heal your cat(s).