HELP! MY 14 day Pregnant cat was given booster vaccine shot!!!

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a Persian cat who is now 25 days pregnant. When she was 14 days pregnant she was given her yearly booster shots of rabies and live vaccine nobivac tricat trio which is for FPV, FC & FR virus.
I had informed the vet that she might be pregnant and he said it’s okay to go ahead with the booster shot.
Now I talked to him again(Day 22) and it was like he didn’t even remember that I had told him she was pregnant. He assured me that no harm would happen to cat the kittens in her womb because of the vaccine.
but literally every google search is saying otherwise. Has someone been through something similar “getting a pregnant cat vaccinated” and can share what happened to the cat during such pregnancy and the kittens when they were born ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also she is a healthy cat and this vaccination was just a yearly booster shot. She is not infected with rabies or any other virus.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will hopefully have healthy babies. Giving live vaccines early in pregnancy is not usually indicated, but it’s done now, so now it’s just wait and see. Since you have a healthy mom, let’s hope she has healthy babies.

Since this was a booster, are you sure it wasn’t killed virus?

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She will hopefully have healthy babies. Giving live vaccines early in pregnancy is not usually indicated, but it’s done now, so now it’s just wait and see. Since you have a healthy mom, let’s hope she has healthy babies.

Hi thank you for replying. Yes I am sure the fpv vaccine wasn’t the killed one.
I really do hope they are healthy.
Have you been through something similar or know anyone who has?if yes, did the babies make it 🙈

Bay-boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

The rabies vaccine was the killed one but the other FPV one is definitely a live one!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have not personally experienced this situation, but we’ve had other threads where pregnant cats were vaccinated and the kittens turned out fine. I think the risks are very low for birth defects or other issues.