Help me

rayan1semba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First of all I love this website
I but a new female cat for my male cat my male is classic brown tabby domestic shorthair the female I need to now whats breed is she
Its about to go down Lol
[emoji]128513[/emoji]
So I need to now the breed and is it OK to make them have some kids because someone told me that its have to be the same breed I need to now whats will happen and thank you for the best website love you all bye

maura larling

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First of,I'm no expert but i KNOW that cats don't need to be the same breed to reproduce, alot of the cats we consider pedigree are actually a mix between two cats, like a napolean cat is a mix of a ragdoll and a munchkin(I think but something like that). From what I've seen she seems like she's a nebulung mix(a nebulung mixed with another breed of cat but the nebulung is most prominent) because purebred nebulungs are grey but this ones body seems very similar to a nebulung's but rest assured the cats can be different breeds to reproduce. Or it could be a raggamuffin, it can be very hard to establish a cats breed since they tend to crossbreed alot.

Last edited:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is where biology is different from 'breeding'. Any two cats of any type can mate and produce kittens, but those kittens will not be pedigree if their parents are of different breeds. They may not even look the least like either of their parents, it all depends on what genes the parents are carrying. This i s what it means to be a pedigree cat - to have a registered ancestry going back a number of generations which guarantees that all kittens will look correct for the 'breed'. So pedigree cats are usually bred together within the same breed, to protect and improve the breed.

Your female is a beautiful cat, but do you have any papers for her that say what breed she is? Without that, her kittens could be any type, depending on what kind of male she is mated with and what colour and type genes both parents have. Her kittens would certainly have no value on the market. They may be beautiful ( I think all kittens are beautiful) but unless you want to keep a number of kittens of various colours, I would strongly advise against mating your two. There are far too many kittens in the world, and it is all owners' responsibility not to add to the number. Have both cats neutered and enjoy them for their unique qualities.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rayan1semba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is where biology is different from 'breeding'. Any two cats of any type can mate and produce kittens, but those kittens will not be pedigree if their parents are of different breeds. They may not even look the least like either of their parents, it all depends on what genes the parents are carrying. This i s what it means to be a pedigree cat - to have a registered ancestry going back a number of generations which guarantees that all kittens will look correct for the 'breed'. So pedigree cats are usually bred together within the same breed, to protect and improve the breed.

Your female is a beautiful cat, but do you have any papers for her that say what breed she is? Without that, her kittens could be any type, depending on what kind of male she is mated with and what colour and type genes both parents have. Her kittens would certainly have no value on the market. They may be beautiful ( I think all kittens are beautiful) but unless you want to keep a number of kittens of various colours, I would strongly advise against mating your two. There are far too many kittens in the world, and it is all owners' responsibility not to add to the number. Have both cats neutered and enjoy them for their unique qualities.
Will I will neutered both of them but I want to see the kittens so I will neuterd them after they git me some kittens but I gust want to now whats breed is the female

rayan1semba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

And I am from Saudi Arabia there is no interesting in cats here so its rare to see a cat with papers sometimes when I take her to the shops they say we doesn't now what breed they now nothing except if your cat is pure they give her a papers and its very expensive I mean some of it sale for 1000$ I swear and there is one I see it in a place for 1800$ crazy right

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I am trying to say is that unless you have some papers for her, she is of no particular breed, like 99% of cats in the world. Cats are not like dogs, most cats are what we call 'domestic shorthair' or 'domestic longhair' which just means they are non-pedigree cats. About 200 years ago, some people thought that they would select some cats for breeding together, and gradually developed the special breeds we see today. To do this they used some cats that had already evolved some things naturally, like thick coats in northern forests, or 'points' on ears and tails in desert countries. And so we have our breeds. That is why some cats in the 'domestic' population sometimes have these traits and colours - they occur naturally. It does not mean that every longhaired cat is a Persian or every pointed cat is a Siamese, or every white cat is a Turkish Van. In fact, very few of them are. Your female is a beautiful white cat (white by the way is genetically a masking colour so her kittens could be any colour) but probably has no connection with any special breed. It doesn't make her less beautiful, but it means you have no way of knowing what her kittens might be like.

Some dishonest people might look at her and say she might be this or that, but without a proven ancestry they would be only guessing and costing you a lot of money for nothing.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its about to go down Lol
[emoji]128513[/emoji]
So I need to now the breed and is it OK to make them have some kids because someone told me that its have to be the same breed I need to now whats will happen and thank you for the best website love you all bye
She's be a domestic long haired. Basically what you call any long haired cat whose lineage is unknown or cannot be confirmed with papers.  She's a really beautiful one, that's for sure!! 

I have 2 Persians. A blind man can tell that they are Persian BUT because they came from a backyard breeder and there are no papers, technically, they are domestic long haired. Does it matter to me what they are classified as? Nope. I wasn't looking for a show cat when I found them and the only place that they are shown is in the windows when they watch the birds and squirrels. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Without papers from a reputable breeder, she is a domestic longhair, and a lovely one.  Unless you plan to keep the kittens, or you have definite homes for them, I would urge you to not breed these two, no matter how cute the kittens might be, or how much you want them, for the sake of the kittens' futures.

By the way, I love your doors.  Doors here in the USA are almost all now just a solid sheet of wood or painted metal, some with a little trim of some sort.  Your doors have so much character.  They speak of age, and history.  I'm a bit of an architecture fan.

rayan1semba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Without papers from a reputable breeder, she is a domestic longhair, and a lovely one.  Unless you plan to keep the kittens, or you have definite homes for them, I would urge you to not breed these two, no matter how cute the kittens might be, or how much you want them, for the sake of the kittens' futures.

By the way, I love your doors.  Doors here in the USA are almost all now just a solid sheet of wood or painted metal, some with a little trim of some sort.  Your doors have so much character.  They speak of age, and history.  I'm a bit of an architecture fan.
Thanks for the doors [emoji]128512[/emoji] its Saudi Arabia we have a lot of classic