Help me win this argument!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how the seat belt laws are where you are, but more and more are requiring proper seat restraints for kids. You should definitely invest in a vehicle that will seat all 4 of you properly.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get a new car. That truck most likely won't last much longer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I don't know how the seat belt laws are where you are, but more and more are requiring proper seat restraints for kids. You should definitely invest in a vehicle that will seat all 4 of you properly.
That was my other point... Right now there is only the fold down seats with lap belts and they are constantly complaining they hurt thier stomachs...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definitely look into getting a new or lightly used vehicle.
(sometimes you can find AWESOME used cars that are "golf cars" each year in memphis for the FedEx St.Jude Golf Classic- all of these golfer's get a new car for the week and just use it during the tournament- then the car is considered "used" and is sold as such. That's what mine was. It's a Mercury Sable and it's AWESOME....they knocked the price down a lot on it too since it was considered "used" but it had only really been driven for a short time. I would definitely look into something like that

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try and make an estimate of what you use the vehicle for and prioritise. It sounds to me as though your first priority is work so you need something that will carry everything you are likely to need to transport, and in the roofing business, that could be a lot of large, heavy things. If your present truck breaks down and you can't carry your tools and materials that is as bad as having no car at all. If you get another, really reliable, truck and then you are able to go out to work independently and save some money, that would be the time to consider a car. Just my take on it.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking the same as Jenny.

Of course, now comes the fun of scanning the Sunday car ads and seeing what is available!

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you aren't in the mood for another truck or large SUV (which is just as hard to park) I would recommend a station wagon. I drove my 78 Toyota Corolla SW for 20 years and it hauled everything I asked it to. I am fond of the Ford Focus. I have the 2 door hatchback right now and in the 6 yrs I have driven it; it has been in the shop once. That was when mice in the barn nibbled on some wires while we parked it there.