Help me win this arguement!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

:Yeah I know it's over KBB but I also know that the car lot is not going to sell it w/o them getting a commission.
Trust me, when a dealer buys a used car or accepts it as trade in, they never give the KBB value. As a matter of fact, KBB gives the retail price and the trade in value. There is a large gap between prices.

Don't worry about the commission. Even if you were to buy at KBB pricing, they will make a profit!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You know, it's been my experience that anyone who asks for advice isn't really seeking it because they already have their minds made up and are just looking for approval.

Reading everything you post countering what everyone is saying, it seems to me you have already made your mind up about buying a car regardless of how it may make your situation a few months down the road when the roofing contracts come to an end for the winter.

So which ever car you do decide to buy I wish you the best of luck with it. I also hope that you won't be going through the same financial hardship you did last winter and having car payments and upkeep on top of it all to deal with while worrying where your next meal is going to come from and how you are going to manage Christmas for your kids.
I'm not sure she was asking for advice much. I think it was more of a argument breaker. Her DH doesnt want her to buy that car, or he thinks they don't need it. She wants to buy it, and thinks they need it. I think she was just simply looking for a reassurace that could help her side of the argument.

If she hadn't thought about this, and the money hardships it might bring to her, she most likely wouldnt buy the car. Possibly she has learned from last Christmas/"winter", and is doing everything to prevent that again. While right now, they need a car. More money may come in as a result of them having 2 of thier own businesses, and 2 cars to deal with the different customers.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, the title of the thread is: "Help me win this argument!", and then basically a poll of who agrees with her and who agrees with her dh. Kinda a two parter

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You know, it's been my experience that anyone who asks for advice isn't really seeking it because they already have their minds made up and are just looking for approval.
To help someone win an argument, you had to express a point of view. Which is very much the same as giving advice.

Originally Posted by catsallover

Yep, the title of the thread is: "Help me win this argument!", and then basically a poll of who agrees with her and who agrees with her dh. Kinda a two parter
Helping win an argument sounds like "my mind is made up, please agree with me".

I don't EVEN wanna know what kinda reaction my DH would give me if I told him "we need to get this *whatever* cause the people on TCS agreed with me."

That said, like Linda, good luck with whatever you decide on. We don't live your life, so we can't make decisions for you. We all have what "we" would do, all of which might be different that what "you" would do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update.

I am now the proud owner of a 98 Isuzu Trooper! It only has 45k on it! I put $400 down and monthly payments of $185!
It is sooooooooooooo nice! I cant wait to show ya'll pics!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I say he should buy a car ot truck for $700 and he can drive it and you drive the other truck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooh as soon as the morning comes, you'll have pictures. It's sooooooooo nice and DH loves it too
It has 4 wheel drive, power EVERYTHING. Ice cold air, tinted windows, chrome side steps, a moon/sunroof, a/c that's controlled in the backseats also... It's just... great!

fosterkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think you'll be much happier with a nicercar that you can rely on, than a couple hundred dollar junker that could fall apart when you drive it...but my car payment is $586 a month...so I can't say much.