Help me understand - Wet vs Dry food

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As someone who never bought the same bag of food twice I can tell you that as long as you do a gradual switch from one to the next over a week your cat should do just fine.

As for asking questions that have already been asked, dont' worry about it, there are always new members here that are able to give new opinions and viewpoints so sometimes even after reading past information its still worth your while to ask the question again.

Thats the great thing about TCS everyone is here to better the lives of their cats!

Leslie

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

**side note** sweetpea--raw can be very inexpensive--I spend about $5.00 a week to feed two cats, thats a mere 35 cents a day per cat--couldn't do that with the best wet food--or the crappiet wet food for that matter.

Leslie
Does that price include the additives needed to make the raw a complete and healthy diet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yelloweyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
FYI, I have sent the link to this thread to my husband so we can make a family decision about this. For the fish, I just change stuff whenever I want to, for the cats, it's better to get the committee involved. Thanks for all your input!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

As someone who never bought the same bag of food twice I can tell you that as long as you do a gradual switch from one to the next over a week your cat should do just fine.

As for asking questions that have already been asked, dont' worry about it, there are always new members here that are able to give new opinions and viewpoints so sometimes even after reading past information its still worth your while to ask the question again.

Thats the great thing about TCS everyone is here to better the lives of their cats!

Leslie
This will actually depend on your cat. Most folks recommend a gradual changeover for dry food - wet food usually isn't a problem.

I've been fortunate in that I've switched dry food for Bijou and Mika abruptly with no issues whatsoever.

sassyfull

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your post is very helpful. I have 3 cats, a short-coat, a med-coat and a long-coat. I've been feeding them a mixture of 1/2 Felidae and 1/2 Whatever-is-on-sale Purina.
Could you please recommend something in between price-wise. Thanks.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sassyfull

Your post is very helpful. I have 3 cats, a short-coat, a med-coat and a long-coat. I've been feeding them a mixture of 1/2 Felidae and 1/2 Whatever-is-on-sale Purina.
Could you please recommend something in between price-wise. Thanks.
what are you paying for Felidea ??? and what size