Help Me Understand If This Food Is Good :) Kit Cat Goat Milk

chromecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I recently moved to Singapore with my cats. They're well settled but the youngest (10 month old) is not eating enough wet food. She's fine with dry, but for wet food I have to beg her and she just snubs it most of the times! I tried the usual Fancy Feast but I think the formulation is different here and she obviously doesn't like it.

I found a local food called Kit Cat Goat Milk Gourmet produced in Thailand and she loves it. I am not savvy enough to understand if it's good. This is a link of one of the tastes:

Kit Cat Goat Milk Gourmet Boneless Chicken Shreds & Shrimp Canned Cat Food 70g - Wet Food - Cat Earnest Mutts Online Pet Store

Ingredients: Chicken, Shrimp, Thickening Agent, Goat Milk Powder, Vitamin E, Taurine, Fructooligosaccharides Water

Crude Protein (min) 11%
Crude Fat (min) 1.0%
Crude Fiber (max) 1.0%
Crude Ash (max) 1.0%
Moisture (max) 84.0%

What do you guys think? I only want to consider if it's good, otherwise I'll try something else.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What bothers me is that they all contain fish!
I can't tell you which brand is good as my boy did not try a few brands and I've not tried this brand for my boy but by looking at the guaranteed analysis, it looks pretty good.

My boy was on full fish in his 1st year and I slowly transited him from all fish to fish/chicken mixture and finally when he's around 1 1/2 years old, he's fully on chicken till now. he's 3 years old now.

If you're afraid fish as an ingredient, you can slowly transit your cats over to full poultry. But it has to be a slow transition for their guts to get accustomed to the change.

There are just too many brands of food to be listed. What you can do is pop into the bigger pet shop and browse through their range and check out the ingredients and thereafter order them from where you usually get your cat food from.

You can buy premium food for them and they can turn their nose up on them. So it's better to feed them what they like minus the fish and grain free and of cause, the guaranteed analysis part is important too. You may like to get those food labeled 'For All Life Stages' too if other brands that are limited on the adult food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok I contacted them and they (reluctantly) gave me a list of ingredients. They ALL contain fish and salmon, therefore I can't put them on this food, they'll become addicted.

I found another one that is plainly 70% chicken and 30% rice, but that 30% rice bothers me!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Last edited: