Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mix

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Smellimelli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Finnley, hes 7-8 years old and the cutest lap cat ever. When I got him I was told he was a stray, which made no sense at all to me because he is TERRIFIED of outside, and loud noises… Also he absolutely adores people and attention. He will walk right up to any stranger who comes to my apartment and snuggle all over them immediately. He is amazing with my 6mo old daughter and doesn’t mind being grabbed at(he actually seems to enjoy it) he gets along great with dogs and is incredibly smart. He sheds quite a bit, and never meows… to me he looks like a korat or a chartreux but he has dark green eyes. He weights about 13lbs and is a stubby lil guy. I really want to solve the mystery that is my snuggly little man, so if anyone can help that would be great!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smellimelli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unless he has papers he is a dsh. A blue moggie.
Fair! My husband and I are just arguing over which breed he looks more like LOL he has even suggested genetic testing which I think is extreme for a playful silly argument, so I thought I would ask here to end the debate!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Without a known history he is considered a Domestic Shorthair (DSH). At least 95% of the cat population is random, with less than 5% being pedigreed cats. Within that 5% both Korat and Chartreux are rare.

I don't see any features that are unique to either breed. The blue color is actually fairly common in a number of pedigreed breeds as well as the random population.

I have to say blue is my favorite color cat. I've been owned by more than one blue cat, none of them purebred.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with my collegues above.

But want to say, if you really wish to press him into an established breed, so sooner to British blue than chartreux.
Why? Because they are more common, so the statistics will be less inprobable... Also, BB may have green eyes.

A vague possibility is better than practically seeing witches or dragons flying around. :)