Help Me Plz

Hema.700

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I just got a new kitten. She is 6 to 8 weeks old. She doesn't go to her bathroom to popping, she did it in my room and my bathroom on the floor. I got her from my friend and he told me that he didn't teach her to do it in her bath. I tried to to teach her but I couldn't. Plz let me know what I have to do?

Azalea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
More experienced members might have to check my answer, but in my understanding, 6 to 8 weeks is still pretty young to be seperating her from her mom! Theoretically (I say theoretically because mine aren't doing that yet :p ) mom should be teaching her how to do things, like go to the bathroom, clean herself, behave well... Ideally until 12 weeks.
Otherwise I'm told you will have to show her, by putting her in the litter box before and after eating, and showing her how to dig in the box. If she poops on the floor, you can pick it up and put it in the box to try to show her also.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:yeah: I would do all three.
Just as a friendly reminder, yelling or punishing your kitty isn't going to help, she'll just get scared of you, and it could aggravate the problem.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, kittens should stay with mom until 10-12 weeks at least.

Since your kitten is so young, you will need to take over some parenting. Your kitten may need a reminder about where the litter box is. For now, keep your kitten in one kitten proof room and put multiple small litter boxes in there. She will not remember to look for a box when she has to go. Make sure to use non-clumping litter.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Also, you can sprinkle a little of a Kitten Attract Litter. Dr Elsinoy (spelling?) is the most renown, but there are also other brands.
Make sure the cat litter is shallow, so its easy for the kitten to climb into it.

This with multiple cat litters is of course most important if the kitten is allowed to be in several rooms. At least one in each room. But having it in just one safe room, with at least two litters, is wise, till it learns where to go. AND also, learning its is the safe room. Here it can always return and take refuge if antything is scary.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, with a kitten it's 'out of sight, out of mind'. If you have her running the house and a box only in one room, she may not remember where it's at.
It's a big world and she may get lost easily. Either put down multiple boxes (you can use throw away deep baking tins from the dollar store) or keep her confined to one area until she learns where she is.

Because of my dogs and their love of 'kitty krunchies', I have my box in a hidden spot and I put the kittens in there often. They now know where it is and they use only it.