Help me please

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey there! I personally can't tell much from the pics. But the only thing I would know, based on your description, would be to suggest it might be an anal prolapse. It does NOT have to be serious but should be looked at by a vet with a full, detailed description of what you are seeing.
Rectal Prolapse in Cats | PetMD

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello
I agree, this isn't something that will correct itself as far as I know.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So what it’s called?
Probably didn't see the previous post (cell phone views can be troublesome) -
Hey there! I personally can't tell much from the pics. But the only thing I would know, based on your description, would be to suggest it might be an anal prolapse. It does NOT have to be serious but should be looked at by a vet with a full, detailed description of what you are seeing.Rectal Prolapse in Cats | PetMD

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So what it’s called?

Rectal prolapse. if it's minor and goes back in by itself, the vet may just say to monitor. If the rectum does not retract, a vet would have to reinsert the protruding part otherwise the exposed end will dry out and become necrotic. In some cases, the vet will have to do a minor surgery to basically sew the end of the rectum in place to prevent it from protruding again.

Worms can cause rectal prolapses. If your kitten has not seen a vet yet, schedule an appointment for a check up and deworming and get the basic vaccinations. Vets are booked weeks in advanced these days so you may have to wait to be seen or call around to other vets in your area to see if any have sooner appointments.