Help me please...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think they should have cell phones or something like that so they are easier to get in cases of emergency. Hopefully she will see my phone number on her phone when she gets home and recognize it from this morning and call me back

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well Buttons is totally changing! Today she is starting to get quite protective but she doesnt like going in the box with them so I tried putting them on my bed with her cause she likes to stretch out but after a while just just jumps down and leaves them and I get scared that they will fall off so I go put them back in the box. I watch from the living room as I can see into the bedroom. I have the box on top of my bed hopeing that it makes it a bit better but she seems very frazzled and im not quite sure what to do. I have seen her pick one up out of the box and put it on the bed and then jump down and leave it there on the top of the bed. I am scared to put it on the floor cause I have no idea if she will take them out of the box and leave them on the floor to get lost somewhere.
I am home alone today with them and If i could go out to get a big dog crate i would but i have to drive over an hour one way to walmart or any other place where I can purchase one and im scared to leave them alone with her. When she goes up on the bed with them it looks like she is getting a bit aggressive with them in the box and she only goes half way into the box...when I go in there to check cause it looks like she is flippin them around I notice that there scruff or the top of their heads are quite wet, im not sure if she is trying to pick them up or what?!? She really seems to care when I am sitting there trying to help the babies latch on and she does what she is suppose to when it comes to stimulating the kits to use the potty and she licks them and hugs them close but I dont know if she has a chance to be aggressive when nobody is around, Im trying to give her privacy and let her bond and figure it out but when nobody is in the room i wonder if she has the chance to really be aggressive or if Im just taking her actions seen from the livingroom a bit to far...
Can she harm them even if it seems she loves them?

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whew....okay nevermind - I put the kits and their box on the floor on top of a blanket stretched out and a pillow about 2 feet in front of that and she went in there whining and meowing as usual and when it got quiet I peeked around the door and seen her in the box with her kits!!! She stayed in there for about half an hour with them - longest so far without anyone in there with her. She came out in the living room for a couple minutes for some attention and then she went back in there to check on them!!

I feel a HUGE relief...i just hope that she continues caring for them on her own without having to be "forced" to nurse as I know thats stressfull on her and I know having a mommy to snuggle with all is so good for thoes kits - even if its only for short periods of time!

Thank you to everyone for your help and support and getting me thru my hair pulling experience. I have been very stressed out and still am to a certain degree but having her peek in on and care for her kits is a huge stress relief!

I will of course continue to update!