Help Me Please With My Female Siamese ! !

MamaCat12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We found a little seal point Siamese kitten by my work because she was crying. We fed her and as she got a little closer to us to eat we noticed she was pregnant. We decided that the next night we would try to bring her home with us to protect her and her babies. This was the weekend of the 4th of July. Unfortunately ppl can be cruel to animals but mostly on the 4th. Anyway we came back the next night and was able to finagle her into a carrier and brought her home. We fixed up the bathroom for her with a new bed, toys, food and water dishes. It was nice and cool and we thought comfortable. She was very happy to be out of the heat and able to have access to all the food she could eat. Every once in a while she would nip at us but we figured that was because she didn't want us to leave her alone. We have several other cats in the home, which is why she was housed in the bathroom. She would scratch at the door and talk to the cats and the other cats would respond. We figured that was all ok and took it as a positive sign that she might get used to the other cats and even become friends (HAHA).

So about a week or so later she wound up having a spontaneous abortion. Absolutely heartbreaking for all her losses. She delivered 6 babies about 4 or so weeks early. Needless to say none of them survived. She became so sweet and loving and craved more attention as usual. About a week or so after her tragedy she began to seriously lunge and bite us. She would ask to be held or to be petted and then BAM she would attack. When I say attack, I mean attack. I have a permanent scar on my hand that she caused after she asked me for pets. About another week later she went into heat that lasted about 2 weeks. She was extra bitey and miserable. When she would see our other cats she would lunge at the window (we have a screened in pool and porch with sliding doors) and hiss and spit at them. So after her heat we took her in to be spayed. Everything was good with that. Now she is even more bitey and mean. We decided to move her from the bathroom into the cat's playroom and let her stay in there after her spay. That way if she needed/wanted us we were in the next room. We come to see her in the morning and she lunges at our legs and feet. She has been known to jump up our bodies as we are walking just to bite us.

We have tried to introduce her to a couple of our younger cats and her main goal was to cause harm. I have had many many cats during my lifetime and eventually they all got along. Some hissing, spitting, growling, hiding and sneaking up on one another, but within a week or so they were all playing together. With our Siamese Charlee she actually hunts them. We only have one cat come into the room (the playroom is off limits to the other cats because Charlee is in the room) at a time and immediately Charlee hunches down and stalks them. There is some growling and hissing from Charlee and our other cat just looks at her and kind of shrinks into himself. The other cat we let in a female, the sister of the male, and she stands her ground silently. Charlee still hunts her.

Ok so 2 things we need help with . . .

1 . . . If anyone can suggest any ways to get Charlee to stop lunging at us and biting and scratching us every time we see her would be greatly appreciated.

2 . . . If anyone can suggest any ways to integrate her into the household without blood shed.

We love Charlee and do not want to give her away, but if we are unable to figure these things out she might have to find a new home with someone who has had Siamese cats and understand how to live with them. I think she would great for a household with one person and no other pets.

Thank you all for your help and advice.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think part of the problem is that she sounds like she may be feral, or at least very undersocialized.

I think another part is that she's in a house with other cats she knows are all around her, and if they are being placed into her territory to meet her then it sounds like she is having territorial aggression and not feeling secure at all in her place.

I think doing smell swapping and then site swapping for an extended period of time (maybe over weeks, or a month) until there is no reaction to being in the different enviroments and smelling the other cats would be a good idea. And then opening the door and letting the cats go at their own pace, without forcing one or the other into an area of the other cats vicinity.

I don't know about getting her to be less aggressive with you, though. if it was me, I'd sit in with her and read and not touch her, just let her get used to my presence. If she wants to rub on you, fine, let her, but I wouldn't go to actually touch her on your own accord until things are really calmed down. Get trust with her by playing with her with a wand and just being there. Good luck~

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since you say that she will actually come after you, you might consider taking 2 or 3 baby gates and stacking them in the doorway. That way, you can sit on the floor outside of the room and read aloud to her, or talk gently to her as she gets accustomed to you. Later, you can also use that barrier to begin letting her actually see the resident cats with no chance of a fight.

This is going to take time, and a LOT of it. I'm going to ask for some help here. @ashade1, @catwoman707, @Jcatbird, all of you have experience with ferals and long-standing strays. Any other suggestions to help this member and her poor cats? I know that @Jcatbird is VERY busy right now. Might take a day for her to get back with you.