help me please with my baby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

septemberbabi09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok i think i got it to eat for a second. i am going to try the bottle but is it true that if they start on the bottle, they never go off of it until they are weaned? im really happy that little Bobby ( that's what im naming it- it's a girl) is eating a little. should i put fatty yogurt in the milk?
Natascha

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I don't think that's true. And, I wouldn't put yogurt in the milk... just use the KMR as it says on the directions. She may not take to the bottle though... Annie wouldn't, and most kittens don't. But it's worth a try. If she does, wonderful, if not, you may just have to hold her up to the teat and let her eat.

P.S. Cute name!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there-

KMR is Kitty Milk Replacer- it comes in powder or liquid. Bobby could be the runt of the litter and just not able to hold onto a nipple right now. If you bottle feed her, you have to be very careful to not feed her to quickly and to feed her in the right position, while she is on her belly and not on her back. No one but a vet can tell you if the little one has any type of disease and we all wish you the best as you intervene to try and help her-

www.kitten-rescue.com will help you learn about bottle feeding newborns. It is not true that once they start to bottle feed you have to continue, but if you do start, you have to commit to be sure she gets fed every three hours around the clock.

Best of luck-

septemberbabi09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks. little baby bobbie seems to be doing fine. she isn't crying right now and she seems good. thanks.
Natascha

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope all goes well. And I also wanted to clarify... I didn't mean she DID have it, I meant it sounds just the way Annie did when she was little. If your vet is puzzled like my old vet was, you might wanna ask what they know about vestibular disease.

septemberbabi09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok... um bobbie is doing pretty good.... still bobbing it's head, not really rolling as much. just thought i would update!