Help me! Personal Matter...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, luckily I shouldnt have that problem, not being near menopause.
I would be happy either way this situation turns out. A little rushed if its a positive test, but happy all the same. I know we are prepared, and educated. I have raised 3 boys for my sisters, and they are my life
But, on the other hand, I know you can never be 100% prepared.

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just want to clear something up for you ladies.

Stress that occurs around the time of ovulation can affect when your period shows up. Stressing about your period on day 30 of what is normally a 28-day cycle has no effect on your period.

The short of it is this: Stress can make your body postpone ovulation. However, after ovulation, your body enters the luteal phase of its cycle. A woman's luteal phase is usually 12-14 days long... a fixed amount of time. So, if you ovulated on day 14 of your cycle (and did not conceive), you would get your period on or about day 28. If something occurred in life that caused you great stress around your normal ovulation date, your body could cause ovulation to be postponed for x amount of days. Once you did ovulate, again, your period would occur in 12-14 days. If ovulation occurred at day 14 of your cycle, stress on day 28, 29, 30, or 31 would not cause a delay in your period... Only conception would.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can take an OTC test and have it be most (about 98%) accurate 1 week after you've missed your period. Take another one about 48 hours later, because the amount HCG in your urine will have doubled. You can take it and usually get an accurate result once you've actually missed your period, but everyone I've talked to recommends waiting the week for the most accuracy.

If you've had sex in the past month, there's always a possibility that you'll get pregnant...not even the best BC in the world is 100% effective. But if you've been using BC without any forgetting or breakages, then the odds are that you are not. To avoid this in the future, use 2 forms of BC...say hormonal (i.e. the pill) and condoms.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my personal experience, nothing brings a late period on faster than buying a pregnancy test.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jillian

The short of it is this: Stress can make your body postpone ovulation. However, after ovulation, your body enters the luteal phase of its cycle. A woman's luteal phase is usually 12-14 days long... a fixed amount of time. So, if you ovulated on day 14 of your cycle (and did not conceive), you would get your period on or about day 28. If something occurred in life that caused you great stress around your normal ovulation date, your body could cause ovulation to be postponed for x amount of days. Once you did ovulate, again, your period would occur in 12-14 days. If ovulation occurred at day 14 of your cycle, stress on day 28, 29, 30, or 31 would not cause a delay in your period... Only conception would.
Really? So if I normally have my period every 5-6 weeks...does that mean I probably dont' handle stress very well...actually that would back up what I already knew

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suggest going to your Dr and talking about it.He/she would be able to either confirm you are or not pg.
I didn't follow the "RULES" of periods.I went from July to Oct. with NO period.I was under NO STRESS!!! I had a tubal and thought there is no way I can be pg., but my mind told my body that I was pg.So, I had vommiting,tiredness,boobs sore and just BLAH feeling.
Boy, did I have a rude wake up call.Let's just say that I had to be rushed to the ER for hemmoraging.
So to say......................that your body responds to stress ONLY is not accurate in MY case!!

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry... my explanation was the short of it, not the long.

You can have annovulatory cycles--cycles in which you don't ovulate at all (and therefore, miss your period).

What I wrote before it true for people who have 'regular' cycles (and regular means anywhere from 28-35 days, if I remember correctly). Obviously a woman can have issues that would make what I wrote untrue.

SolarityBengals... I'm not sure if 5-6 week long cycles are considered 'regular.' You may be having annovulatory cycles with annovulatory bleeding at the end of each.

If anyone is interested in reading about the topic, check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It explains everything much more clearly than I can.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's any comfort to you Jessix, i'm very- very- Late as well!
. If i haven't started in a few more days i'll take a test. It'll be alright no matter what your results are
You have people here to support you and talk you though things. I would definitely get a test to ease your mind one way or another though. And like someone else suggested earlier- even though you may not be pregnant, treat your body like you are until you're definite one way or another- don't lift anything too healthy, eat well, and NO alcohol or smokes if you drink or smoke
. Keep us posted! I know what you're going through right now. If you want to talk, feel free to pm me.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had quite a few pregnancy scares. The worst one was this past December I missed my period and in January it was like nothing so I was sure I was pregnant, but I wasn't. I did get pregnant though the month before I went to college before, but lost the baby pretty quickly.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I have had quite a few pregnancy scares. The worst one was this past December I missed my period and in January it was like nothing so I was sure I was pregnant, but I wasn't. I did get pregnant though the month before I went to college before, but lost the baby pretty quickly.
I'm soo sorry you lost your baby. That must have been very difficult.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say that very early in my first pregnancy, all I had was a feeling like I was GOING to have my period - a fullness, I guess. And VERY sore breasts. Like it hurt to walk. I would say that was about three weeks after I actually got pregnant. I never really got morning sickness - at least not much - so I can't remember when it happened. I do know that the OTC tests these days are very sensitive and should be able to let you know.

I too, have had the experience of spending the bucks on a test, only to have it come out negative, and start the next day, LOL.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know people who have systems as soon or soon after they are pregnant. I would just do a test and get it over with its not going to change anything.. Most home pregnancy tests can tell a few days before your missed period . It really is up to you though.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, i'm a little bummed now. No need for me to get a test anymore. I was getting kinda excited too- i was pretty late. Oh well
/ Anyways, i was wondering if you have taken a test yet? I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Keep us posted!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many helath departments and planned parents give FREE pg tests. I too would rather know as soon as possible.
Another sign is to have to go pee ALOT!!!!
Take the test first thing in the am...............some people make the mistake of taking it late at night when the hormone level isn't as strong in your urine.
Also, if the test is neg,and you don't start soon......you really do need to go the Dr. and have a check up.
Good luck and I hope you get the result that you want

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well, i'm a little bummed now. No need for me to get a test anymore. I was getting kinda excited too- i was pretty late.
I'm sorry!!! HUGS!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's ok. I'm a little bummed- but hey, i have something to look foward to when the time is right
. I can't wait to be a mom, but it just wasn't ment to be right now. For now though, i have my little foster babies to take care of, and they can be my little babies

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any news Jessix? I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today! Keep us posted.