Help me name our Champagne Burmese kitten :)

nikwik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are getting our 1st kitten, a male champagne Burmese,  and we can't agree on a name!  I was hoping to get some inspiration from this great forum :)  Any ideas?  I was leaning towards a 2-syllable name, that possibly draws from it's color/appearance since we don't really know his personality yet.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think we will need to see a picture of this baby. We need to see his coloring, face, and personality!!!

BTW--we love kitten pictures!!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikwik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is one of the pics from the breeder...I'll add another of his cute little face [emoji]128570[/emoji]

josbd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does he have an "official" name, as he appears to be a purebreed?

He is a wee beauty!

nikwik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If he does, I'm not aware of it yet, lol.  

josbd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just that often, registered breeds of cats have some official name, like... Samson Son of the Silver God of Gloucester (an invention!).   We had a blue chinchilla cat years ago, who had a longer official breed name than the one I invented! We called him Toby heheheh.

How old is your wee chap? You must be really really excited to bring him home!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the name of a champagne might be cute.  I'm a non-drinker, but I did a search and there were some pretty names, some that even I recognized.  

josbd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ooh yes: Dom Perignon; Armand de Brignac (I think); Perrier Jouet; Piper Heidsieck. and Moet et Chandon........... think that is the extent of my knowledge of champagne marques!  

In the UK some years ago, there was a fondness for naming cats after cigarette brands. I had a friend who named her two Lambert and Butler which I rather liked!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really like Piper.  There's also Lanson and Taittinger (which is a bit long, but he could be Tate for short).  

nikwik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's 16 weeks, and yes we are sooooooo excited!  I just feel bad that he may not have a name when we bring him home :(  My husband is better at crossing names off my list than he is at contributing to the list, lol. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A nice French name would be good

Alexandre

Jacques

Antoine

Francois

Jean Claude

Sebastien

Pierre

josbd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes they arrive home, and you look at them, and think "yes, your name is xxx"

This is likely v odd, but a long time back, a small black kitten arrived at our house, and I thought "I know what your name is"  And so he was named "Angus McFangus" yes, really.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let us know what you decide!  And don't feel bad if you don't have a name for him when he comes home.  You may have to get to know him a bit first.  

nikwik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I liked the idea of the Champagne names, but none of them sounded "cute" or rolled off the tongue easily.  He definitely makes me think of chocolate, or mocha, or caramel...but so far nothing we can all agree on
Ah well, I'll let you all know what we decide!  
 l