Help me name my foal

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
No additional suggestions here, but I just had to say how simply gorgeous they are

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

How about Toinette : It means pricless, or Praisewrothy in French according to what I saw
You can call her Toni, Tonia
I really like this suggestion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And her name is... Tartine! For those of you who don't speak French a tartine is a piece of bread with something delicious spread on it.

Both ponies are gaining in confidence and Maisie whinnies me a greeting and then follows me. Even the little one is almost brave enough to take a piece of apple - I think tomorrow she will at least try.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tartine is a beautiful name.

Soon you will need another one.

Do you know when Maisie is due?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

And her name is... Tartine! For those of you who don't speak French a tartine is a piece of bread with something delicious spread on it.

Both ponies are gaining in confidence and Maisie whinnies me a greeting and then follows me. Even the little one is almost brave enough to take a piece of apple - I think tomorrow she will at least try.
This is great news, and what a pretty name.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how lovely! I was too late to suggest a name. I would have suggested tulip or tidbit though! But, I like the name chosen. I just recently had to sell my beloved horse
He was rescued from an auction and in rather bad shape, he was a little thin when I let him go, but much better then the 300 lbs he had been under weight. He had bad feet problems I couldn't take care of so because I loved him so much I sold him to some one who could take on that, he required corrective shoes, I did all I could for him and found a home to do the rest. I didn't have a good enough place and it was always muddy so he kept getting abcesses and I couldn't stand seeing him in any pain, so now he is gone. I miss him so much. My four year old girl could climb all over him and walk right under him and he wouldn't move. He was always so careful around her. I haven't gone near the barn since he left (8/16) my mother-in-law feels so bad about how sad I have been and she bought a "family horse" I know why she did it and it was a nice gesture but I won't go near him, any of them it's not the same (she got a gelding because I like them better and he is a black mustang, I really like black and she thought it would get me ridding again, but he's not my Nika (Nikadeamus), and I won't ride him. I don't want to go riding any more.
Sorry for saddening your happy thread. I shouldn't have but I haven't talked about it and it felt good to.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Oh, how lovely! I was too late to suggest a name. I would have suggested tulip or tidbit though! But, I like the name chosen. I just recently had to sell my beloved horse
He was rescued from an auction and in rather bad shape, he was a little thin when I let him go, but much better then the 300 lbs he had been under weight. He had bad feet problems I couldn't take care of so because I loved him so much I sold him to some one who could take on that, he required corrective shoes, I did all I could for him and found a home to do the rest. I didn't have a good enough place and it was always muddy so he kept getting abcesses and I couldn't stand seeing him in any pain, so now he is gone. I miss him so much. My four year old girl could climb all over him and walk right under him and he wouldn't move. He was always so careful around her. I haven't gone near the barn since he left (8/16) my mother-in-law feels so bad about how sad I have been and she bought a "family horse" I know why she did it and it was a nice gesture but I won't go near him, any of them it's not the same (she got a gelding because I like them better and he is a black mustang, I really like black and she thought it would get me ridding again, but he's not my Nika (Nikadeamus), and I won't ride him. I don't want to go riding any more.
Sorry for saddening your happy thread. I shouldn't have but I haven't talked about it and it felt good to.
Leslye, you didn't really get a mustang, did you? I am SOOOOOO jealous. I want one so bad. Can I come live with you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lesley, I hope you will go riding again - it is something that gets into your blood and nothing else will substitute. So don't close your mind to it. I have not ridden now for three years, for various reasons and I so want to start again. I will buy a riding pony in the spring and gradually get my confidence back. Meanwhile I must get my little ponies into shape - they are so matted and dirty, and so shy. It will be hard, but I think they will help me as much as I willl help them.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Leslye, you didn't really get a mustang, did you? I am SOOOOOO jealous. I want one so bad. Can I come live with you?
Carls mom bought him, not me, but she got him for me to ride with her (she has the mare Jezebel, the one that had the head injury in the spring, and she is still unstable so no one rides her, and her black appy which she rides) I will get some pics of him and post them for you tom. if I can bring myself to go out to the barn, LOL! It's dark now. He is a 4 or 5 year old. He is black with a white star (I think, I haven't really seen much of him, I have never even petted him) He has the little mustang brand on his neck and all. I think his name is sundance.

Jennyransom, I hope some day I will, but It's so hard for me now. I love your little ponys they will be such nice little pets after they learn what love is and trust, some times the rescues are the best pets (I think almost every one here knows that, LOL!)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw hugs, Leslye.
I know you're sad.
I hope you can someday go out and see him. We get Mustangs here right off the range!

Jenny, your little ponies are sooooo cute. I will NOT show my daughter their pictures, LOL.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Aw hugs, Leslye.
I know you're sad.
I hope you can someday go out and see him. We get Mustangs here right off the range!

Jenny, your little ponies are sooooo cute. I will NOT show my daughter their pictures, LOL.
Thanks
I am just glad to know how much better off he is and how much she adores my Nika! She has better options for having hoof care done, more money to do it with, and the time I wish I had to spend with him, her children have grown and don't demand every secound like celeste does of me and my time. I will get some pics of him in the morn, my camera doesn't have a flash any more, but it takes alright out side pics. Besides I really should help her with them horses she got him for me and my daughter to ride, she is like 65 and she is out there taking care of 3 horses I feel kind of like a horse, you know, the one with the big ears with a jack in front of it, LOL!

I wonder where Sundance came from? I doubt off the range!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Thanks
I am just glad to know how much better off he is and how much she adores my Nika! She has better options for having hoof care done, more money to do it with, and the time I wish I had to spend with him, her children have grown and don't demand every secound like celeste does of me and my time. I will get some pics of him in the morn, my camera doesn't have a flash any more, but it takes alright out side pics. Besides I really should help her with them horses she got him for me and my daughter to ride, she is like 65 and she is out there taking care of 3 horses I feel kind of like a horse, you know, the one with the big ears with a jack in front of it, LOL!

I wonder where Sundance came from? I doubt off the range!
You can tell by his brand! I promise I'll get off your thread, Jenny, LOL.
But look about halfway down this page, and you can see the code the BLM uses on their brands so you can tell the year and the state your horse came from!
http://www.cowboyshowcase.com/brands2.htm

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Aw, Tartine is a very cute name! I'm glad they are beginning to tame for you.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim,
I started a new thread with pics of Sundance. It has some of her black appy and jezebel, thats the mare that got hurt last fall. also there is a couple of Nika. (My gelding I had to place

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...63#post1398163

Jenny,
we will stay off your thread now, LOL! unless it has to do with those pretty ponies of yours!