Help Me I'm So Lost...

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg that is awful! Definitely report it! If they find the body they should be able to do a necropsy and find fluid in his lungs.
That is so sad. I hate people.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ugh - that is horrible!

The health department will look at the conditions of the home.

City animal control will review whether the animals are being cared for properly, or abused and neglected.

You can also report them to your local police, at least to begin to establish a problem.

It may take making several phone calls and staying on top of this, but these people need to be stopped.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, keep calling. Are they posting about all of these animals and the animal abuse somewhere? Like social media? If so, document everything. Take screen shots.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vegeterrible

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Animal control, Sherriff department, health department, and social services can't help me.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are all local/county. Could you try going over there head to some State authority. Maybe the State's SPCA? Humane Society? anyone?
This situation sucks. Sounds a lot like the county I live in.

Edit: I didn't even think...Are you in the U.S.?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you tell the agencies about them drowning the cat? While that used to be legal and socially acceptable (and still is in some places :(), in most places it's illegal now. If you didn't mention that, try calling them again with that information. Unfortunately, most of the time, to get any results you have to be a pain about it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Why do they say they can't help? That does not sound right to me. :(

Vegeterrible

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Animal control said if there wasn't any evidence then they can't do anything about it.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Keep up the good work & keep us in the loop. What state do you live in?

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't suggest that. If they drown a cat for being annoying, what would they do to a person trying to turn them in?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's law enforcement's job to get evidence, not a private citizen. Anyway, call them every time you hear something unpleasant about them. Like I said, even if there's nothing that can be done at that point, every call helps build a case for a later time.

And once the baby is born, if nothing improves, keep calling Social Services. They're required to check every call out, because if they don't and a kid dies they'd be in big trouble.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I just don't get it. Here, at least, if animal control or the sheriff gets a complaint, they are required to check it out. I've had the sheriff over here a couple of times because they got a complaint about someone in the area and asked if I knew or saw anything. I don't understand why these guys won't check it out without proof.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, that's weird! Now, this state is not a great one for animal welfare. But even so, I know a lady who has a horse who has a chronic health issue so he always looks skinny. He's under vet care. And the sheriff knows that. But she lives on a busy road so a lot of concerned people call, and the sheriff still has to send a deputy out every time someone makes a complaint, even though he knows the situation.

SiameseHimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am not sure if anyone has told you but thank you so much for taking them and caring for them!

Vegeterrible

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much!!!
Update here!

Awesome news. Was on my local humane Society's Facebook group, nothing to black and white little kittens that look exactly like mine, and a calico cat that was the mother of the two kittens. Well I got a hold of the people that got the kittens before me and asked them if that was their mom and they said yes!!!
Long story short the mother took them back and now they are with her and their siblings after two weeks of bottle feeding!! Such a happy story of them being reunited. I am lonely and sad(I'm a crazy cat lady) but I did my job and took care of them. I kept them alive!!! We all know what happens if you don't help newborn kittens in time.

And local sheriff called me and told me he'd personally look into helping me with the animal abuse case and apologized for the way that animal control handled it. (Laughing in my face and being disrespectful saying I "might" not even have a case. )

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news. So happy they are all reunited.
And way to go Sheriff.