help me identify this other cat

newcat19

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have an indoor/outdoor cat.

I just moved, my last place had I think an unfixed

male cat that was stalking my female cat.  I believe he was making mating

calls, and because my cat is fixed it was leading to fights.

Now I move & I'm pretty sure its the same thing again.  Another cat

trying to get inside my house & lurking around.  Is this cat again

a male unfixed cat?  Would he be stalking my cat if he wasn't? 

Thats why I assume its another unfixed male, or he wouldn't care

enough to try & get inside.  He's friendly with me so is definately someone's

pet.  He's also an outdoor cat only it seems as I see him first thing in the morning.

If this is the case I'm extremely frustrated by this.  All this cats being euthanized each year

and these pet owners can't fix there cat.  Is there anything I can do.  Can I catch

him & give him to the humane society or something.  Is it possible to indentify

whether its male or female myself, cause I have no clue.  He also has no tag

so I can't find out who owns him.

I'm about ready to shoot these cats as they will keep approaching my cat & it

will lead to more fights.  I don't wanna hear keep your cat indoors.  My cat loves

the outdoors and if it kills her so be it, but she's happiest outdoors and she will

continue to go out.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Hi newcat19,

Unfortunately unless they have collars or are microchipped, it will likely be difficult to identify the owners of the other cats. You could try catching the stalking cat, since from your post he seems friendly, and then posting "found cat" notices around your neighbourhood - that might help locate and owner, or if there's a no-kill shelter or rescue in your area, you might be able to take him there.

Since your cat enjoys being outside, would it be possible to build her an enclosure? That way she can enjoy her outdoor time, without you having to worry about any of the other neighbourhood cats gettign to her.

bad cat chris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't have a definate answer but a male cat will be attracted to a female in heat. Since your female is fixed, I don't know if that is why this other cat is interested.

kat013

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfixed males are easy to spot - they have really obvious testicles.  

Cats are territorial, and regardless of gender (former or not), they can and will fight if a strange cat suddenly shows up.

The cat in question may be a stray even though he's friendly - lots of cats run away, get lost, or are dumped, so they are familiar with people, but have no owner to speak of.  He may be trying to get into your house because he's interested in food and/or water (unless you keep your cat's food and water outside).  

Someone makes pet doors that only unlock when a chipped collar worn by your pet is near.  Sounds like a good solution.  

Is the current stray cat actually fighting with your cat?  Sounds like the previous one was but I'm not clear if this is a current issue or not.  If he is, and you can find a low-cost spay/neuter program, just get him neutered yourself, and he may be much less likely to fight with your cat.