Help me get my cat food budget under control?

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info! I'm in AZ so I'd have to pay for shipping but their shipping was pretty reasonable. They seems a bit cheaper than HT, but I'm not crazy about having to dilute, which is why I avoid the HT poultry grinds. My cats really like red meat tho so their young beef looked particularly interesting to me. 

oldgloryrags88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
$65 for 6 cats?! That's bananas! I spend more than that per cat per month on 15.

Yeah that is just for food. Litter is about $20. 15 kitties? Wow. I personally couldn't handle that many (I own a farm too and farm costs are crazy!) but I'd love more kitties. Do you rescue?

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that is just for food. Litter is about $20. 15 kitties? Wow. I personally couldn't handle that many (I own a farm too and farm costs are crazy!) but I'd love more kitties. Do you rescue?
Well 10 are my indoors cat, the other 5 are my outside cats/feral colony. It's def a lot of cats. the indoor cats eat about 80% raw half a make half commercial Rad Cat, and the other 20% is canned or freeze dried. The outside cats eat about 50/50 homecooked and canned. I didn't intent to take on this many but one of my ferals got pregnant twice before I could trap her and then i couldn't give them away! I have chickens, but I couldn't ever use them for meat. I envy people that can, though, that fresh meat is the best! My pet budget is pretty bananas right now but i'm trying to better organize it to lower my costs. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Well 10 are my indoors cat, the other 5 are my outside cats/feral colony. It's def a lot of cats. the indoor cats eat about 80% raw half a make half commercial Rad Cat, and the other 20% is canned or freeze dried. The outside cats eat about 50/50 homecooked and canned. I didn't intent to take on this many but one of my ferals got pregnant twice before I could trap her and then i couldn't give them away! I have chickens, but I couldn't ever use them for meat. I envy people that can, though, that fresh meat is the best! My pet budget is pretty bananas right now but i'm trying to better organize it to lower my costs. 
Not going to lie, I kinda want your life. 
 #catladygoals

My grandparents had a farm, and I couldn't deal with killing the chickens either. I tend to name everything, and then I feel bad about eating it. 

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not going to lie, I kinda want your life. 
 #catladygoals

My grandparents had a farm, and I couldn't deal with killing the chickens either. I tend to name everything, and then I feel bad about eating it. 
It's a good life 
 I feel like i earned my cat lady status 

Yeah my chickens are pets, they have names and everything lol. In fact one doesn't even lay anymore, I just call her my freeloader.