Help me, Entomologists.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

He's more scared of them than I am!
Thankfully he will kill roaches for me tho.

OMG I just moved to a new development with a lot of empty lots around. I've never seen so many spiders! Half the time I'm afraid to open my front door
We lived in bartow for about a year and they HUMONGUS out there.
I was doing laundry one day and a Wolf Spider came in under the door and up the wall. I stood on the couch and started crying. My 4yr old (then 3) came out to see what was going on. I ran ACROSS the couch, jumped off, grabbed the keys and left
I went to Dh's work and MADE him come home and find it! I refused to go into the house until he did... It was right after hurricane Charlie and it stirred everything up... including the wildlife!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

We lived in bartow for about a year and they HUMONGUS out there.
I was doing laundry one day and a Wolf Spider came in under the door and up the wall. I stood on the couch and started crying. My 4yr old (then 3) came out to see what was going on. I ran ACROSS the couch, jumped off, grabbed the keys and left
I went to Dh's work and MADE him come home and find it! I refused to go into the house until he did... It was right after hurricane Charlie and it stirred everything up... including the wildlife!
OMG that's priceless!

The spiders scare me, but the snakes scare me more. I took a trip over to Port Charlotte last weekend to pick up some furniture at my grandmother's house. My aunt tells me there is some patio furniture in the shed if I'm interested. So we take the keys, go out to the shed and while we're standing there trying to get the door unlocked a snake slides under the door. I screamed... my aunt screamed... and I decided right then and there that I didn't need patio furniture all that bad

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

OMG that's priceless!

The spiders scare me, but the snakes scare me more. I took a trip over to Port Charlotte last weekend to pick up some furniture at my grandmother's house. My aunt tells me there is some patio furniture in the shed if I'm interested. So we take the keys, go out to the shed and while we're standing there trying to get the door unlocked a snake slides under the door. I screamed... my aunt screamed... and I decided right then and there that I didn't need patio furniture all that bad

I am just the opposite... Snakes don't bother me.. DH is terrofied of them. Out in Bartow (once again) Dh was mowing the yard and asked if I would help him by picking up the tree branches. I was in the front yard, he was in the back. I ran across a black rat snake and grabbed it. Walked around the house and suprised him with it
He's still mad at me for that one!
I've never seen a 200lbs man scream like a woman and run like a little girl!

Then about 3 weeks ago I had my Dh and 2 other guys on a roof. There had been this rat snake creeking around all day. One of the roofers actually threw a hammer at it from on the roof. I didn't see the snake at the time but I did see a black wire, like a cable wire. I tossed it up on the roof and yelled "SNAKE"... OMG they all about wet themselves... and they say roofers are tough?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

Thank you. Googled an image, and you are correct. I can officially stop peeing myself at the thought of being carried off at 2am by spiders the size of my cat.
hmm,, errr, if you happen to find some spiders that are big enough to carry people off please send me a message on yahoo,
i can can think of some very good use for spidres that big

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodness I wish you had have put a warning on that one!!! **shudders** if I'd know it was going to be a spider I'd never have looked!! Uggh I actually have a physical reaction to spiders it is sooooo horrid!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks like the spiders I kill in my yard all the time. Except ours are usually carrying egg sacks. I chop 'em in 1/2 with the shovel and smush 'em with the shovel. But I am a little frieghtened to walk in my yard with flip flops on anymore!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be best friends with the terminex guy if I lived anywhere close to those things!!! I HATE spiders and almost all bugs. (except lady bugs, fire flies, butterflies, caterpillars, & inch worms) I don't really get many bugs in my house, and I have woods in my backyard. Just reading this thread gave me the goose bumps. I keep a spray can of insect killer/repellant at my house. And almost every week I spray the cracks by the door
it's kinda like a dare I guess, don't cross my threshold or else! They should consider themselves warned!!!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewwww! I hate spiders so much!
I saw one running across the floor when I went to work yesterday, so I grabbed the broom and swept him outside.. I hate killing them and cleaning it up..
It tried to run back in, so I hope the door smashed it when it closed.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I remember the first time I saw a wolf spider. Yuck! I was on the other side of the house and looked at the porch and saw a big thing moving around there (from across the room!). It was HUGE! I was informed it was *just* a wolf spider.. I unfortunately see them from time to time. I'd rather not.