Help me determine his breed!?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

So since adopting Binx, he has grown, but is lean with a rather thin face, I was curious as to if he may have some Oriental in his genes or if any one could determine his breed. He is now 3 1/2-4 months old I believe.
Yes, such is my guess too.  An oriental or modern siamese ancestor not so far ago.    Do you know by any chance any sibling or mom?

Siamese you ask?   Orientals and siameses are sibling breeds, quite a lot intertwined in each other.   Especielly modern siameses were often used in the oriental breeding.  

In some association  like the european FIFe the difference is really not bigger, than if a oriental kitten is pointed, its registered as siamese, if a siamese kitten happens to be not pointed, it is registered as oriental.   While in other associations they are more picky, and thus, they do have pointed orientals (although they dont use them for breeding).

Also, a siamese having kittens with a non carrier of the point gene, the kittens will not be points.

And modern siameses are more common than orientals.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweets1726

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Yes, such is my guess too.  An oriental or modern siamese ancestor not so far ago.    Do you know by any chance any sibling or mom?

Siamese you ask?   Orientals and siameses are sibling breeds, quite a lot intertwined in each other.   Especielly modern siameses were often used in the oriental breeding.  

In some association  like the european FIFe the difference is really not bigger, than if a oriental kitten is pointed, its registered as siamese, if a siamese kitten happens to be not pointed, it is registered as oriental.   While in other associations they are more picky, and thus, they do have pointed orientals (although they dont use them for breeding).

Also, a siamese having kittens with a non carrier of the point gene, the kittens will not be points.

And modern siameses are more common than orientals.

Good luck!
Yes and he has some weird color features as well kind of like a point. His fur looks black in modern light but in the sun u can see he has stripes its weird. I don't know his parents how ever he had a sibling that was completely black and looked much like an oriental so he may be all mixed up lol who knows thank you for all that great information btw!!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes and he has some weird color features as well kind of like a point. His fur looks black in modern light but in the sun u can see he has stripes its weird. I don't know his parents how ever he had a sibling that was completely black and looked much like an oriental so he may be all mixed up lol who knows thank you for all that great information btw!!
What a beautiful boy :rbheart:

Those tabby stripes you can see in bright sunlight are called "ghost tabby markings". These are quite common on solid colored kittens. You will probably find that they fade and disappear completely as he gets older :D