HELP! Lethargic kitten!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyhiro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone! Sorry so late. Alright so here's what's been happening: in Sunday I got Hiro in to see the vet @State Ave after I spoke to her and told her of his symptoms. She also had me take his temp before I came in and it was at 95.5[emoji]128549[/emoji] (as a side note for those who might not know better like me [emoji]128529[/emoji] especially if you don't have the $200+ to hand over at the end of the visit, make sure you're going somewhere where they allow payment plans and that you ASK about it before you go in bc they don't always TELL you that they don't or no longer allow this and that you need to pay everything right then and there. I didn't ask, I assumed, and I had been threatened not to leave otherwise the police would be called in [but we just got there! Wth?! For 'calling the doctor in'.. Who was already.. In.. ?![emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128528[/emoji][emoji]128544[/emoji]] ..And then I had to call my dad overseas for some $. Lol take A CREDIT CARD or be prepared to borrow from someone else's [emoji]128529[/emoji]) so she found that he was dehydrated and his body temp was indeed 95.5 which is a concern bc it is lower than normal for kitties. She explained these were symptoms and to know what was causing them she needed to do some tests. When she tried to draw blood she explained it was difficult bc he was so dehydrated so because leaving him overnight was not an option for me, she gave me an IV bag of sub q fluid (PLASMA-LYTE A) a syringe and some needles for it, Metronidazole and cerenia for vomiting and diarrhea and a prescription for amoxicillin. Now since Sunday, I have given him his meds as directed and injected him with (25 CCs? A full syringe, like she showed me) the PLA three times since Sunday.. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night. He is drinking on his own and still won't eat BUT he gets kind of 'perky' and starts sniffing the air when he smells food!:) he meows really loud again [emoji]128529[/emoji] lol and he walks around and follows us everywhere! He no longer hides under the tv stand and he jumps up on the couch to sit with us or the bed to sleep with us lol for the past 2 nights now he has crawled in to sleep with us. Am I right to be excited?? He is more alert and doesn't sleep all day like before. He's more 'aware', watching the other cat move around or, like I said, he follows is around the house and he's moving at an almost normal speed AS OPPOSED TO sitting all day crouched in a corner, staring at the ground and moving around at snail speed. So I ask again, am I right to get excited about this because I am SO very excited!!! We are planning on taking him in to a different vet this weekend [emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji] *fingers crossed!* right now, he's just being nosy and sitting on my lap lol I think he knows I'm talking about him [emoji]128540[/emoji]

emmasmygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Certainly encouraging news!! Good for you for going the extra mile and doing such a great job for the little one! Please keep the updates coming. All the very best!

mycatwasthebest

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope you will take this kitten in today, not having eaten in five days is very bad and a vet should have given you instructions about this. you didn't say why leaving him overnight was not an option but obviously the vet thought he needed it. if money is what's holding you back him not eating will cost you more. please don't wait like last week, he needs IMMEDIATE skilled care.

Last edited:

kittyhiro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning!!! It's 8:17am and as I'm getting ready for work, I thought if share with you all: Hiro just took his first bite of food in his own!!! He wouldn't eat the chicken baby food but when he smelled his dry cat food, he 'RAN' to the bowl and started chomping away! Yay!!!! Lol we are taking him in tomorrow so hopefully it'll be good news! Ok, gtg but have a great day from Hiro Tatsu, Miss Kitty and the both of us! Ttys! [emoji]128536[/emoji]

emmasmygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good morning!!! It's 8:17am and as I'm getting ready for work, I thought if share with you all: Hiro just took his first bite of food in his own!!! He wouldn't eat the chicken baby food but when he smelled his dry cat food, he 'RAN' to the bowl and started chomping away! Yay!!!! Lol we are taking him in tomorrow so hopefully it'll be good news! Ok, gtg but have a great day from Hiro Tatsu, Miss Kitty and the both of us! Ttys! [emoji]128536[/emoji]
I'm so glad that he's got something in his stomach. That's great news! Please let us know what the vet says tomorrow....hoping for some really good news

kittyhiro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone. I'm sorry to respond so late and with terrible news [emoji]128547[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji]... My Hiro passed away this morning in his sleep.. I can't wrap my mind around it.. I thought he was getting better?! I can't believe my baby is gone! [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji][emoji]128534[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] My beautiful baby!!! :,(( our house is so broken right now, even Miss Kitty is sad! She keeps sniffing around his old scratch post! This feeling- like my heart is about to explode out of my chest- it's the worst feeling EVER! I just want my Hiro back!!! [emoji]128549[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji][emoji]128534[/emoji][emoji]128534[/emoji][emoji]128534[/emoji]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Oh! I am so very sorry!!! He's at peace now and you will heal.
Yes.  Agree.

RIP  little Hiro.  

And you KittyHiro, take care of yourself, and your remaining family...

Warm hugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.