Help kitty just got a feeding tube

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squeakyflorida

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Squeak was in respiratory distress this morning. We took her to ER, another chest tap pulled 250 ml fluid from around her lungs. Kept in O2 tent for observation.
We were speaking with vet when tech came to get vet. Squeak had a seizure and was given Cpr. Sadly our little dear heart did not make it. My husband and I are devastated even though we know we did everything we could have done for her still a devastation that we lost our little girl. She's at peace now,

Even though we still have her Mama with us, there will be a huge hole in our hearts and home.

Again, thank you to everyone who helped us with your experience, thought and prayers. This site was so helpful in educating and ensuring we had covered everything regarding Squeak's care.

crimmie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry
  Sending more love and comfort your way.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OMG, I am SO, SO sorry to read this.  You fought a hard battle and sadly, this time it didn't work out.  No one can ever say you didn't try your best though.

My deepest sympathies to you and your husband.

Run free,
Squeaky

katkin9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your sweet memories of Squeak will help ease the pain. You did everything possible for the little one and Squeak left knowing she was loved and cared about. Rest in peace, dear Squeak.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squeakyflorida

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I can't believe she's gone! My heart aches. Crying well into the night and now I can't sleep.

Found this on another thread: hope it's ok to repost

"And God asked the feline spirit - Are you ready to come home?

Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul. And, as a cat, you know I am most able to decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.

Soon, replied the whiskered angel. But I must come slowly. For my human friends are troubled. For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God. That you will never leave them? That your souls are intertwined for all eternity? That nothing that is created is destroyed? It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand, replied the glorious cat. For I will whisper into their hearts that I am always with them. I just am....forever and ever and ever."

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was beautiful. I am so sorry about Squeak. What a beautiful cat. What a shock this must have been. Sending you (((((hugs)))))).