Help! Kitty is not eating as much... very worried!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowx16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good news! Kitty is doing much better this morning. Yesterday was hard; she refused to eat all day except for a few greenies which made me even more worried because of the lack of water issue. I was really thinking the worst.

However, last night we bought a warm steam vaporizer and used that along with the warm mist humidifier we bought the other day for her. She had a sneezing fit during the night and around 5am I tried to see if she would eat tuna again. And she did. And she was very playful this morning and is in good spirits. At one point she seemed to have a coughing/gagging fit though. But then she ate some more and seems a lot more chipper. I'm assuming the antibiotic is kicking in and the moisture in the room is helping.

Anyways I'll post back with any new developments. I dread having to give her the antibiotic again today but hopefully it will get to the point where she will be eating normal again where I can just sneak it in her food.

meowx16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh! Forgot to add-- and she finally pooped this morning, too. that made mama sigh with relief, too! :)

meowx16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much again, everyone! She's doing so much better.

meowx16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That should say "cannot use nasal", not can! Lol

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Gosh, I really don't know what you can do to prevent bacterial infections.  I DO know that some folks are using both L-Lysine together with Lactoferrin for Feline Herpes, so perhaps this might be something you could try.  I certainly don't see how it could hurt.