Help Kittens Dying for No Reason

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just wanted every one to know . all though we lost a total of 5 kittens total betrween my 2 litters of kittnes mom's are doing great and we are holding at 2 left from charolttes litter and 4 from nightsky's litter looking good hope ot stays that way thanks for all the help and saport it means a lot to me.
Tx for the report, Valisa. Im very happy both moms and 6 kittens are healthy and well.

Keeping thumbs!

Good luck!

shadow612

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my cat had six kittens on Monday July 14th. All of the kittens appeared to be healthy. They all were making weight gains and nursing all week. I went to check on them last night at about midnight. They were all fine. I woke up this morning to two dead. They were two of the biggest in the litter. I rushed the rest and the mom straight to the vet. The vet could find no cause for why the others had died. She said that the mother is healthy and the kittens all had strong hearts. She said that she couldnt see any cause for why they had died. We could do an autopsy but it would take weeks. There was one kiten that over the last 2 days seemed to be not gaining properly. She didnt seem to concered about him. Tonight I came home and he was dead. So I have lost three kittens out of six in the last 24 hours. I dont know why they are dying and neither does the vet.
Also, I am a siamese breeder. I have had quite a few litters over the last few years and I have never seen anything like this. The mom has always produced healthy kittens. I used a new father for stud service from a different breeder that I had never used before.
Can anyone give me any advice to what might be killing the kittens and how I can help them?
I understand that I just had a kitten die on me not to long ago she was beautiful she came out playful and everything she was still eating off the momma cat well she started falling couldn't stand up we was on the way to the vet they was gonna help her but she died in the truck. so yea I know the pain I wanna cry about it because I was too late

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Hello, S shadow612 and welcome to TCS. So sorry to read about the loss of your kitten. :sigh:

Just so you know, this is an old thread and the original thread starter has not posted in a long time so you may not get a response here. We have a forum for posting tributes to kitties we've lost here, and if you have any questions relating to pregnant cats or kitten care, you are welcome to post in this forum.