Help! Kitten suddenly seems to be dying!

clairelou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got an '8week' old kitten 6 days ago, he was fine up til yesterday where suddenly he didnt leave his cat bed all day,only to eat once or twice,this morning he cant even stand just lay on his side sporadically meowing loudly, pupils go huge every time I stroke him,breathing very slow and shallow, asfar as I know hes not eaten anything bad or had a painful accident...imstarting to think he is less than 8weeks old as he is very small,but he was fine for the first few days! Does any ody know whats going on with him? I cant afford the vets so I need something at home that can help him.

tobilei

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If he's that sick he needs a vet and right away. Ring around a few vets in your area. Some of them offer payment plans, especially if your cat is going to die. None of us can diagnose what's wrong but it sounds very serious.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I got an '8week' old kitten 6 days ago, he was fine up til yesterday where suddenly he didnt leave his cat bed all day,only to eat once or twice,this morning he cant even stand just lay on his side sporadically meowing loudly, pupils go huge every time I stroke him,breathing very slow and shallow, asfar as I know hes not eaten anything bad or had a painful accident...imstarting to think he is less than 8weeks old as he is very small,but he was fine for the first few days! Does any ody know whats going on with him? I cant afford the vets so I need something at home that can help him.
Its an immediate vet errand, asap.  He is also apparently in great pains.  Sorry.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You have probalby already see this, but here are some ideas how to finance the vet care, here on this Forum, immediately above. the treads.

jayjaylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
very worrying. he does need a vet but i would ring the breeder as well in case they can throw any light on it. His history etc.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please try to get him to a vet or surrender him to a shelter. He needs medical attention.