Help! Kitten Has Open Sore On Lip!

kittyloverrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! So i just noticed my kitten, Benji, who is 6months old has an open sore on one side of his lip and I don’t know what to do or where did it came from. I know the other day he slammed his face on the window twice, so might be from that, but I was wondering what could I do to help speed his heeling process? I don’t really think he needs to see the vet because other than that he’s perfectly normal. I’m just worried It can get infected.

I’ll attach some pictures.

TIA

Attachments

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont know, could be an injury from biting himself, maybe when he slammed the window? Maybe a tooth punctured his lip at that time? You are wise to watch for any swelling, redness, or if he acts like it bothers him. An infection is always a possibility.

I don't think i would do anything to it, no medications or anything. Let it alone, and keep watch, if it seems to be getting worse, or just not getting better in a few days then i would have a vet check. Is he due a check up soon, or been recently?
Hopefully he will be all better soon! keep us updated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyloverrr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The last time he went to the vet was to get neutered, he was healthy and fine! That was about a month ago though. But he’s acting normal so i’m guessing is nothing to worry about. Thanks for replying :)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time he went to the vet was to get neutered, he was healthy and fine! That was about a month ago though. But he’s acting normal so i’m guessing is nothing to worry about. Thanks for replying :)
Good that he has had a recent visit, so you know everything was good with him. I think as long as it continues to get better, no redness or swelling he will be fine too