Help its urgent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oxy123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat eat boiled meat, pasta, butter, cream, bread yes i am gonna spayed cuz i dont want her to face this difficult phase again

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is good news to hear! She will be healthier and happier and live much longer too! I'll bet she loves the food you give her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
@oxy123    as PM:ed me, wit this alarming question:  "hey i need ur help. i feel like the kitten isnt gaining weight rather i find him little weak. what should i do? should i give him something like a drop of honey?"

I will answer in a while, but others are also welcome to answer.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Had you got a scale?   How is his weight, and how it is developing?     If you didnt got a scale, how do you yourself  feel and see his development?  Does he gains?

Did you got hold of raw goat milk?   It will be the next suggestion to give some extra, if he doesnt not gain at least 6g a day.   Be sure the goat milk you give is body warm.

If you dont have raw goat milk, but find bottled, its OK too, but not as marvellous.

You do have a little needleless syringe, and know exactly how to give?

And yes, you can smear a little honey on his gum.  It kicks in extra energy, if he is weak, and perhaps even begin to fade.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A drop of honey on the lips is good. So is supplementing with formula, in addition to his nursing his mama. Do you see him nursing? Can you get KMR in Pakistan, or fresh goat's milk?

You need to feed the kitten by hand with formula or goat's milk every two hours about two ml's from a dropper or syringe. Couple drops at a time in the side of his mouth, let him swallow and breathe and go again.

When finished, hold him to your shoulder and pat gently on the back for burping. Then tap his little back end gently with your fore finger to stimulate potty.

Kitten must be warm. Is mama kitty spending lots of time with him? If not, put in a heating pad on low under the blanket for warmth, or sock filled with rice, microwaved, wrapped in towel, and placed nearby. Also, put a little stuffed animal or something made with fleece in the nest that he can cuddle with.

But food - immediately - is critical. They go downhill quickly. And then give an update later please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oxy123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i do have a scale but i am avoiding to hold heshe...the kitten is too active. in a blink of eye heshe moves from one corner to other. i try taking him out but he moves so much. fresh goat milk is available n i have ordered some for kitten. in the meantime i put a drop of honey in kitten's mouth. the mama is taking care of her baby. the kitten make sounds infact loud one when uncomfortable. my mama says that newone seems to be rounded but now heshe is grooming so heshe will look weak for a week. once heshe open his/her eyes heshe will start gaining weight. plzzz pray i dont wanna loose my newborn

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
i do have a scale but i am avoiding to hold heshe...the kitten is too active. in a blink of eye heshe moves from one corner to other. i try taking him out but he moves so much. fresh goat milk is available n i have ordered some for kitten. in the meantime i put a drop of honey in kitten's mouth. the mama is taking care of her baby. the kitten make sounds infact loud one when uncomfortable. my mama says that newone seems to be rounded but now heshe is grooming so heshe will look weak for a week. once heshe open his/her eyes heshe will start gaining weight. plzzz pray i dont wanna loose my newborn
Im not sure what you mean, but shehe shall add minimum 6gram every day if born as a little one, and about 10 grams if born fully normal big one, of about 100 grams when born. (a little over 3OZ when born is common and good, but some are smaller yes).   He must add everyday or almost everyday, not  next week.

Sorry Im blunt and almost rude now, but this is important.   If mom by any reason dont give him enough - she has perhaps not enough with milk - he may die of sheer starvation, even if he has a good caretaking mom and a loving owner...

If the kitten wriggles its good in one way, he isnt lethargic and weak.  But you must weigh him every day, to know if he gains properly.

Lay in some  plastic container, or a soup plate on the scale, and him in the plastic container...  So it wont matter if he wiggles...  Be sure of course you know what that plate weights, so you know what is his weight, and what is that container.

And observe its no problem you touch the kitten, mom wont abandon it.

Just be sure you do everything so mom sees what you are doing, and dont gets anxious and worry.   Do it resolutely, calm, soft but quickly too, so the kitten wont protest.  If the kittens protests and shrieks, mom will be nervous...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When do you expect the goat milk? Are you still planning to give this kitten supplemental feedings? I am very confused as to what your intentions are in your post. Please explain so we can help. :)