HELP! Is my cat pregnant?

Adin212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I'm wondering if my cat is pregnant, I found this cat as a stray begging to get in to my house a few weeks ago so I gave her a home, she was significantly skinnier. She has extremely weird behavior she can go from sweet and affectionate one minute to extremely territorial the next. She doesn't like her stomach touched but most cats don't. She is very vocal. I took her to the vet and they were no help, the vet just felt her tummy for a minute and said "she could be pregnant" The first picture is of the cat when I first found her , the following pics are her now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adin212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Edit- Just want the opinion of someone with experience to know if I should start setting up nesting areas around my house

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly the only way to know is an xray or ultrasound. If she's not too far along she can get spayed safely.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible. Cats usually have a spring and a fall litter so it might be her fall litter.

The bare area around her nipples is a sign of pregnancy, but it could be left over from her last litter.

Cats are pregnant for 9 weeks so you'll know soon enough.

Adin212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alright thank you both very much ☺

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible. Cats usually have a spring and a fall litter so it might be her fall litter.

The bare area around her nipples is a sign of pregnancy, but it could be left over from her last litter.

Cats are pregnant for 9 weeks so you'll know soon enough.
Cats can have 3 litters a year. I've seen cats have back to back litters as well. Had a 7 month old kitten in foster care with 3 kittens who were 6 weeks old and mom was pregnant to. Seen quite a few pregnant nursing momma cats :( Cats are just breeding machines, that's why it's so important to spay and neuter your cats.

Adin212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She ended up having 1 kitten (thank God) a few days ago. I just got her as a stray about a month ago so I'm definitely going to spray her after once she's done nursing her kitten . I'll probably be keeping the kitten as well .