Help Introducing Kitten!

catmatt86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, new member here! I've got a six month old male just neutered and a 8 week old female kitten. I've followed Jackson galaxy's steps to introduce and have a feliway plugin. They are fine eating in sight of each other right next to each other and playing in the same room with different toys but as soon as the older male spots her he chases and jumps on her and puts his whole mouth around her neck. I'm worried and not sure what to do. Will he get used to her and not do this in time?

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, new member here! I've got a six month old male just neutered and a 8 week old female kitten. I've followed Jackson galaxy's steps to introduce and have a feliway plugin. They are fine eating in sight of each other right next to each other and playing in the same room with different toys but as soon as the older male spots her he chases and jumps on her and puts his whole mouth around her neck. I'm worried and not sure what to do. Will he get used to her and not do this in time?
Welcome, guaranteed there are members more experienced at this than I.

It be just fun play, but the age difference and strength is something to consideration.

Does he bite hard, it could be just playful pouncing.  How he aggressive when doing this?  And what is her reaction, is she frightened?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmatt86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for replying. He seems pretty intense when doing this though I don't think he is biting hard just he is a lot bigger than her and she meows and trys to run off and he chases after her.  I don't let this go on long as I'm worried he will hurt her, so they are seperated 99% of the time.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for replying. He seems pretty intense when doing this though I don't think he is biting hard just he is a lot bigger than her and she meows and trys to run off and he chases after her.  I don't let this go on long as I'm worried he will hurt her, so they are seperated 99% of the time.
No problem, I just wish I had answers for you.  Separating them must be hard, I know you want them to get along and live happily without danger.

I hope you get some answers from the more experienced members.

good luck.