help! I'm so desperate

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

michonnethecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
catwoman (or anyone else is welcome) I also wanted to ask, that I'm a bit worried, well, it's certainly not worrisome, but it's strange that she seems totally fine now, is it normal for a cat with this disease to be eating well and to have a  good apetite? or is this just because it's only starting? I ask because her vet told me that her blood tests points to that because of many reasons , she explained me one by one and because of her historial of anorexia a while ago due to stress, but there's always that little parte of me that doubts when I see her eating well, without yellow pigment(she checked her) so the signs are only on the inside and if she didn't vomit on monday I wouldn't have known,  and also if you know if I follow the instructions correctly whether there's a good chance of success, the vet told me so, but one always needs someone else who know about this to feel a little bit better.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely she will be successfully healed!

I think it really helps that she was in the early stage of it developing.

Did she put her on meds? If so what kind?

michonnethecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's good to hear again = ) ,thank you! she gave her 3 meds(all of them syrups) I was worried because of them being too much, but she assured me they were not aggressive(it's still not an aggresive treatment because of the early stage of it) and that she'd be ok, before the blood test , because of all the vomiting and the upset stomach she told me to give her Metronidazol once a day for 5 days, now she says that she should still take it and make it 10 days , out of the three this is the one she likes the least(she only has a little , but she drools a lot )then she has also lactulosa  also once a day,this is also for 10 days, this one was for something very specific but right now I don't remember very well, and Trihepat twice a day ,in the morning and at night, this is to protect the liver and this should be for atleast 30 days or even more. 

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry you and your cat are dealing with this problem. But the good thing is you have a diagnosis and so you know what to do. I too am a person who always put trust in what my vet told me to do for my cats. I followed his advice. If I suggested alternate things he was open to my suggestions and willing to listen. Still I respected the fact he was the vet. As for what happened to your cat, you did not know that was going on at the time was potentially harmful to your cat.

This site is a wonderful place to make friends, but better yet to get input and support from others who love cats. The bottom line is though, you are the one who knows your cat better than we do and you must make your decisions based on your knowledge and what you believe is best for your pet.

I wish you well in taking care of your furry friend. I hope the cat progresses and gets better quickly. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers. :nod:

jolie fleurs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wanted to say I"m so glad you know what's wrong and that your English is wonderful! Best of luck to your sweet girl!

michonnethecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much to you all guys! ( I noticed there's something called Purraise , is it something like liking a post?, how can you do that?), I'll still talk to the vet about Metro , maybe she'll suggest changing it to a pill? the other ones are fine, I think she knows today that they taste good; and well, I was worried a little because even if I understand English well , I'm not used to it when it comes about medical terms or diseases, I'm always looking for advice on the internet though, even if it's for me so I think that helps a little and yes, I trust her vet a lot, there's two of them who work there and both are good people and have treated other pets of mine since I was a kid, I'm 24 now, but still even if I trust them it's good to know that there's a place like this!, I already knew it existed because whenever I looked up for something about my baby , this would come out with the best advice,  I almost asked last time when she was nervous because of family( I still want for her to overcome this though) but then she came out and she was herself whenever they left again, so this is the time when I felt the need to join, and even if the circumstances were not good, I'm very glad I did, it's worth it ,and I appreciate every bit of advice, and well wishes, I'm the kind of person who feels ery emotional when these things happens, and I stress all the time and I cry easily, so just the fact that I'm sharing this with people who care makes me feel a whole lot better, thank you so much again! and I'll keep you updated = )

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you so much to you all guys! ( I noticed there's something called Purraise , is it something like liking a post?, how can you do that?), I'll still talk to the vet about Metro , maybe she'll suggest changing it to a pill? the other ones are fine, I think she knows today that they taste good; and well, I was worried a little because even if I understand English well , I'm not used to it when it comes about medical terms or diseases, I'm always looking for advice on the internet though, even if it's for me so I think that helps a little and yes, I trust her vet a lot, there's two of them who work there and both are good people and have treated other pets of mine since I was a kid, I'm 24 now, but still even if I trust them it's good to know that there's a place like this!, I already knew it existed because whenever I looked up for something about my baby , this would come out with the best advice,  I almost asked last time when she was nervous because of family( I still want for her to overcome this though) but then she came out and she was herself whenever they left again, so this is the time when I felt the need to join, and even if the circumstances were not good, I'm very glad I did, it's worth it ,and I appreciate every bit of advice, and well wishes, I'm the kind of person who feels ery emotional when these things happens, and I stress all the time and I cry easily, so just the fact that I'm sharing this with people who care makes me feel a whole lot better, thank you so much again! and I'll keep you updated = )
Purraise is like "liking" a post, if it was helpful, etc.

Just click on the red heart, a box pops up where you can write a comment if you want to, then click "add to reputation" that's it!

I appreciate your post I quoted, it's a very good feeling to know that you felt comforted, and that there is support when you come here :)

Honestly, speaking for myself at least but know many, if not all of us advisers are also emotional and compassionate about animals, the reason we are here offering our time and experience, and despite connecting via the internet, when I advise people, I do get emotionally connected to each case and person, just as if I were your next door neighbor.

I look forward to replies after I post, and updates on how things are coming along.

I too, feel worried and happy, or anxious, or heartache, depending on updates, so anytime I hear comments from members that my advice was helpful, it warms my heart, it's my goal :)

Also I agree, your english is just fine! Perfect.  

michonnethecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks, I just learned how to do it  ;) , and I understand, we might all be different people, coming from different backgrounds, sometimes with different ideas , but I believe that we animal lovers, share a bond and I know how it feels even If I can't do the same(I don't have the same experience), I don't think I can go too much out of topic but thanks again!, and I'll let you know when I get her new blood tests in about 2 weeks.

michonnethecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got the new blood tests results, although my vet told me last time I went to goto  see her this friday to discuss it(they don't work tomorrow because of holiday) , I can see her alkaline phosphatase is still out of range ... , not sure if it's a lot or a bit high, but I read that the principal cause is because of the disease(hepatic lipidosis) so she probably still has it, even though she's been extremely well, eating and playing and normal, maybe it was too soon to take the tests? or maybe she will change the meds(I believe trihepat is the one she's still taking for this) waiting to talk to her, I wish she didn't have it anymore.. = (