HELP! I'm new to fosterin babies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

I am not sure but I know Skittles had 13 and she had to nurse 8 of them 5 did not make it and she was still going strong. So I think in my eye 8 would be enough if mom is on a great diet. I feed her KMR and Natural foods. She did so good every check the babies where over weight LOL. Let me know what ya find out ok.
I will definitely see if I can reach her to ask this morning. If she doesn't know - I know she has a vet that helps with the agency on a regular basis that can probably answer the question. 13 is a lot! but the difference it this mom only "had" 4 of o her own. I guess the big question is can her body ramp up the milk production to cover the other 6.

I will make a call this morning and see what I find out. I'll keep you posted.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do keep us informed and also do not do it if you are not comfy with it. Forget what others(even me) have to say.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Please do keep us informed and also do not do it if you are not comfy with it. Forget what others(even me) have to say.
I asked and 10 is too many. It will take too much of a toll on mom. I had asked a vet, online information, and the shelter lady. She said she's all set with these little guys for now, but I'm probably getting 7 more 6-7 week olds today for a week or so until adoption time.
This poor woman - her house is so full!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be forstering now i it wasnt for I am on bedrest. I know me I would be on the floor taking 1000 pictures a day lol.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw bless you for taking on another 7!!
and the pictures i know the feeling , i have just taken a load today lol. kids think i love the cats more then them bless them

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've got them!!!

7 more babies - and MOM!!

Stupid
people! I swear sometimes I wanna smack people upside the head.
These 7 babies came from a house where the woman had 15 cats - all unspayed/neutered!!!
So the shelter around here does trapping, spaying and neutering. So they had spots for 9 cats yesterday and she was picking up the 9 cats and the lady asked her if she could take these kittens too. We asked how old they were and the lady said they were all about 6 weeks old and would be ready to go soon.
They are NOT 6 weeks old!! This woman was going to yank the mom away from them, have her fixed, and just give us the kittens to adopt out. Well - the litter I've got is mixed. I've got 3 that are about four weeks old and 4 that are about two weeks old. (I'm assuming. I'm going by size and weight of the babies). She said they were eating solid food and using the litter box. I'll be damned if these little things can even stand up!
Idiots!!!

So - I've now gone from HELP ME! to 11 babies ranging from 2 weeks to 4 weeks. I'll definitely get a crash course now!
I've been supplimenting this new litter with some KMR because this mom is working overtime with these babies. We'll keep a close eye on them - eating and weight and keep your fingers crossed
that all of them turn out healthy!
(I'll have to start a new picture thread of these little guys too!
)

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw please keep us updated , some people just dont have a clue do they.
bless you for helping them

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lisa u r a saint. Thank you for taking them all in
How could I not! They're cute as hell!

I had to call the shelter lady this morning and give her crap cause she didn't give me a "kitten proof" cage.
I woke up this morning and went into my daughters room only to count 6 in the cage - number 7 - under her bed! So I go to put he little tyke back in and as I'm doing so - here comes another one - right between the bars of the cage!
My daughter woke up and said there were 3 of them out last night roaming around.

So at 5:50 this morning I was cutting up paneling and drilling holes to cover the bottom sides of the cage so the little Houdini's can't get out.

Anyways - here's the overall weights of all my crew:
Mia's 4 (The Candy Kids):
Twizzler 13 1/2 oz
Skittles: 12 1/4 oz
Pez: 13 oz
Taffy: 11 1/4 oz

New momma's tykes (don't know her name).
She's nursing 2 different litters.
Litter 1 (Soon to become the Tech Tikes):
1) 11 3/4 oz
2) 10 1/8 oz
3) 12 3/4 oz

Litter 2 (Soon to become Flower Power):
4) 7 3/4 oz
5) 9 7/8 oz
6) 8 oz
7) 7 oz

I'm not even positive if those litters are right, I'm just judging on not only their size, but their development as well.
The tech tikes and flower power have not been settled on names yet. My kids are still deciding.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

YOu have candy names like my crew do. Skittles
Runtz
Taffy
Hershey
Kisses
Snickers
and so on. I love it.
I know - and I feel kinda bad though.
. I don't like copying people, but my kids named these little ones - not me. I asked them what theme they wanted and they picked candy for the 4 little ones. At least they're not part of my crew officially - they're going up for adoption. So we'll have some temporary repeats.

Snickers and Peanut the kids picked too when we adopted them. You'd think I never fed my kids.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got our first litter box poop!!!

Kids and I are celebrating.

Google was the first one.
It was actually hysterical to watch a little tiny thing like that try to figure out what to do in there. Then she finally did it and it was they tiniest little poop ever.
I know it's a gross topic - but for those of you who've had kittens - you understand right?

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I know - and I feel kinda bad though.
. I don't like copying people, but my kids named these little ones - not me. I asked them what theme they wanted and they picked candy for the 4 little ones. At least they're not part of my crew officially - they're going up for adoption. So we'll have some temporary repeats.

Snickers and Peanut the kids picked too when we adopted them. You'd think I never fed my kids.

It is all good it just means you kids have great taste in names

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

HUSTON WE HAVE POOP
We were so excited!!
And we were all in there to watch her. Google was like "hey - look what I can do?"

She was so damn cute with her tiny little body squattin in the box, nothin came out, then she proceeded to eat the litter
so we took her out, then a few minutes later she did the little squatting thing again...and we got a present!....and it was so damn tiny!!!
I can't believe I'm getting excited over a tiny poop!!!

OH GOD - what has become of my life?

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

We were so excited!!
And we were all in there to watch her. Google was like "hey - look what I can do?"

She was so damn cute with her tiny little body squattin in the box, nothin came out, then she proceeded to eat the litter
so we took her out, then a few minutes later she did the little squatting thing again...and we got a present!....and it was so damn tiny!!!
I can't believe I'm getting excited over a tiny poop!!!

OH GOD - what has become of my life?
Only the mommies can be happy over poop LOL ever if it is or fur babies