Help identify ... my Birmans Belly Issue

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is wonderful news.

Finally, a vet that listened to what you were saying.

Sending along continued healing thoughts for handsome Caesar.

Please keep updated about your boy's progress.

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear things are better. Maybe I missed it, but did you find out what was causing it?

I am going to be cat sitting for a fellow shelter volunteer next weekend and I stopped by her house for "orientation" this afternoon. We were chatting about the her cats and she mentioned that a few months ago, shortly after she adopted her second cat from the shelter, she got a new plug-in air freshener and within a week, all the hair had fallen off the cat's ears. She didn't connect it until a few days later after talking to the shelter supervisor about it.

The supervisor asked if there was anything new she was using in the house, even something that the cats weren't coming in direct contact with. The supervisor mentioned that she had started using a new toilet bowl cleaner, the kind that stays in the tank. Her cats weren't even drinking from the toilet, but just from the particles being sprayed into the air whenever the toilet was flushed, was enough to cause one of her cats to start losing fur.