Help!! I think my kittens spay wound is infected

mak_seen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last week my kitten was spayed and today is 7 days since her operation but I’m worried her wound is infected. I’ve tried covering her wound with a bandage but she eventually finds a way to get it off and the E-collar she gets that off too. The incision is red, and looks swollen and there’s this white/yellowish pus around her wound. Should I take her to the vet? Else, what at home remedies or methods can I use to clean her surgical wound? I’m so worried

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I also agree that you should take her to the vet, since it's still quite red, and has pus, after 7 days.

Below is a TCS article that has some pics of both normal and infected spay incisions that you can take a look at, and I think you'll see that your girl's incision does not look like the normal ones, especially after 1 week.

Spaying And Neutering - What To Look For After Surgery | TheCatSite

Sorry your first post here is a worrisome one, but welcome to TCS. Please keep us updated on her.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M mak_seen I would definitely take her back to the vet who spayed her because of the redness discharge and swelling 7 weeks post op. Is the incision site warm around it? Either way the vet who performed the spay should be able to get an antibiotic to you. Also I would not put anything on her incision site. No antibiotic ointment no hydrogen peroxide, nothing until you talk to the vet and ask what you can put on it if anything.
Keep us posted.it sending positive vibes your way!!