Help - I have three adult ferals I am trying to socialize - I'm failing -

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my indoor kitties is very feral and the only time we can pet her is when we are in bed. Then she will come and sit on us and purr while we brush her. I would suggest that you try using a brush. I use these from Sally's Beauty Supply lol, they are just a few dollars http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-brush/SBS-217516,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair10  and my kitties (as well as the adoption center kitties) love them. They especially love to rub their teeth and mouths on them, and they love getting brushed on the side of their face and top of their heads. It must be like their mommy is grooming them LOL.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my indoor kitties is very feral and the only time we can pet her is when we are in bed. Then she will come and sit on us and purr while we brush her. I would suggest that you try using a brush. I use these from Sally's Beauty Supply lol, they are just a few dollars http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-brush/SBS-217516,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair10 and my kitties (as well as the adoption center kitties) love them. They especially love to rub their teeth and mouths on them, and they love getting brushed on the side of their face and top of their heads. It must be like their mommy is grooming them LOL.
Great brush suggestion, Barb! I am going to pick up a couple of those, and I love the price :clap::clap::clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jane rivelli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement - makes me feel so much better - I figured if they were really unhappy - they would let me know - I'm going to go get the brush tomorrow and try and brush a little bit each day -

Last year when he was still outside - the same thing - only - I was able to sneak in a brush each day at feeding time....

Will keep you all posted....thanks again everyone for your help...

Jane