Help - I don't know what's happening

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lymph node frequently swell with infection. I had one on my neck that would swell occasionally back when I was a kid. But then I am not a cat. Wait for the biopsy report and take 2 aspirin and a glass of wine!
I just don't know what type of infection would cause her to not eat?? That's what's really getting to me. I need a tranquilizer or something at this point

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just don't know what type of infection would cause her to not eat?? That's what's really getting to me. I need a tranquilizer or something at this point
Think about yourself, when you’re feeling crummy do you want to eat a big hearty meal like you usually do? There are all kinds of reasons why an infection that doesn’t directly affect the digestive system would cause a cat not to eat. Especially because so many things can cause nausea in cats - even having a fever can cause nausea. Post-nasal drip can cause nausea. Infections can cause weakened sense of taste and smell, which makes food less enticing. Infections can easily cause lethargy which makes cats not feel like eating because it’s tiring.

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you had a chance to talk with the vet again regarding her not eating? I know they said to wait for 24 hours, but is she in pain?
35 Signs That Your Cat May Be In Pain – TheCatSite Articles
No i haven't called again, she is eating, shes just not inhaling her food like she normally does. I don't think she's in pain.. i sure hope she isn't anyway.. She's acting pretty normal aside from not devouring her food. She goes back to it, eats a bit then leaves it and so forth. She peed earlier and ate some more. She's snuggling and grooming normally, purring, seems happy, she's alert and doesn't seem weak. I wish she would poop though, but the vet didn't seem concerned about what was in her colon when she felt it. All her bloodwork came back good, levels are great, good white blood cells, good red blood cells...etc.

And she did well as the vet examined her. No tenderness or pain anywhere from what she could tell, and she was pretty thorough. I sure hope she's not in pain😔

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE

I ended up bringing my girl to a different vet and asked to get an xray done. She was very constipated (they gave her an enema and it worked well for her) and after seeing small spots on her kidneys, we decided to do a urine analysis and another test for her kidneys. Turns out she had a severe bladder infection with none of the symptoms other than overgrooming her stomach. And thankfully her kidney functions are good :)

The vet also couldn't find the swollen lymphnode on her leg, which means to antibiotic they gave her at the other clinic made it go down. This gives me great hope that it's reactive. It would make sense for it to be with the bladder infection.

The antibiotic injection they gave her at the other clinic wasn't working for her bladder infection so we opted to put her on a 14 day oral antibiotic and then retest her urine afterwards. We'll be going from there and we're hoping there's not another underlying cause.

So far, she's regained most of her spunk, appetite and litterbox habbits. I'm very hopeful that we figured out what was going on with Lexi🤞😊

Last edited:

PaperCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope things will go well and that results comeback as something not to serious. I would offer pate and soft treats with smelly yummy flavors like chicken as cats prefer foods easy to eat with strong smells