HELP! I can't figure out how to thread this needle!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For next time, remember that thread has a "nap." It is smooth if you run your fingers across it one way, rougher if you run them the other way. You want a very clean cut, too, on the end that will go smoothly through the needle.

I hope that makes sense!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

For next time, remember that thread has a "nap." It is smooth if you run your fingers across it one way, rougher if you run them the other way. You want a very clean cut, too, on the end that will go smoothly through the needle.

I hope that makes sense!
It sure does! And I didn't know that... thanks so much!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

A needle threader and a GOOD thimble
... Ohh I have been doing this since about age 5 common over I will happily do it for ya
Hehe next time i'll mail it to ya!
That poor banana looked pretty pitiful before i sewed it, still lousey after i sewed it, and now it just looks aweful because Fosters keeps playing with it- he thinks it's his baby
it's really cute!
So i'm going online/to pet stores to try to find him a cloth doggie banana toy!
He'll love it!

Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I also recommend getting a pack of good sewing needles, as for thread colors: always keep black, white and a few other shades handy. If you think you'll be repairing things like that banana often, get some to roughly match those things.
Haha i'll definitely have to get a few staple colors - black, white, navy blue, and i'm thinking a yellow for that poor banana!

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I hope that makes sense!
Great tip! Thankyou! I had no idea

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Thanks guys! I think i got it now!
(after about 8 minutes of cursing at the darn needle!) i think it was hard because my eyes keep weirding out when i try to look at it really close (i'm soo blind without contacts, but even with them in my astigmatism will act up!) so i couldn't focus on it very long. I FINALLY got it! I hope it just lasts
I don't get it- i can thread the needles(granted their curved and the thread is stich thread) at the shelter all day long to stitch up after spay/neuters and do a good job- but ask me to do something domestic like that at home with a regular needle and thread and i'm just aweful at it
Did i mention Colin is the one with the sewing machine around here-
not me....
btw, i find it much easier to thread needles with no correction at all... but i'm nearsighted.