HELP! How long!?

hollyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, 

So stupidly we didnt get our now 7 month old kitten spayed and unfortunately she got pregnant. Just trying to determine how far along she is. She's showing all the signs, the big belly, the swollen nipples, eating lots, and now (at this minute Honey the cat is lying next to me, her belly looks like something out of alien!) You can definitely see the kitties moving around in there! We've dedicated a small room for her, been feeding her quality food. Does anyone think, just from what i've said she could go in labour soon?

Thanks 

Holly 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

hollyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to add:- 

This is obviously going to be our first time having kittens. Some sites dont tell you what happens next. We will be selling the kittens but what age can you sell them at, do they learn to go in the litter box themselves? When can we start to handle them./We have two dogs, do we introduce them from the otherside of the cage? 

Very grateful for any feedback.

Holly 

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's something like two weeks after they start moving.

Mom will keep them clean at first. You can handle them from the start. That's how they get socialized.

Ask all the questions you need to. There are some real experts here.

hollyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! 

Also, just read something about the kittens moving down is that right? Honey's babies are kicking out to either side of her

jemma121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. ... When I saw the kittens move about in the belly it was about a week after she had them , the night she had them she was really affectionate which ain't like her lol, my kittens are now 5 weeks old and have Been using the litter tray for bout a week also iv learnt tha after they have ate their food put them straight on the litter tray . Dont sell the kittens any earlier than 8 weeks old but the vet does advice keeping them until they are 12 weeks

hollyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Jemma121

do they get affectionate all the way through the pregnancy because our girl has been mushy ever since we discovered she was pregnant. They've been kicking, back flipping and god knows what else since about last week obviously getting impatient with Mama! There is no sign of milk or discharge guess we'll just have to let her do her thing. Although would love to know an actual date! Also litter sizes does that depend on anything or is it pretty random?

Holly 

hollyb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One more thing, 

The father of the kittens showed up the other day but was seen off by the rather territorial Monty. Don't know much about a cat's heat cycle but how long after they are pregnant can they um 'get to it' ? 

jemma121

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like it won't be long :) my cat was never affectionate until the night b4 she had them and still is , my cat jess her milk didn't come through until she had her kittens , I was also told not to thet the mother cat out after kittens are born she could get pregnant again. Also it's best to get abox in a quiet room for her to have the kittens I think it makes them feel safer good luck and thet us know when she has them