Help! Help! I need Help!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In 7th, 8th and 9th grade I got up at 3:30 every morning to do my paper route.
But I made really good tips!

But I really think the OP is into doing a volunteer-type thing, for National Honor Society (kudos on that, btw), rather than just finding a job to make money.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess I could get up a little early... But you see, In my town and area, I think theres just trucks that deliver the paper!. I will look into it though.

How would I get the job? Through the town hall?

I'm gonna call today to find out if I get to babysit!

Wish me lots of luck!!! I'll post letting you all know whats going on!

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Guess what guys?!!!!!! I got the job!! for volunteering that is!!!

NOW I just need to get my parents to either

LET ME TAKE THE BUS (my mom said ok but I guess my dad just thinks im gonna get stolen by the odd people)

or

Let me ride my bike (its 1 3/4 miles on main road--and you have to cross this realllllly main road that my mom doesn't like)

or
Just simply get them to drive me

Any ideas?

You don't no how important this is to me. I mean, as soon as I woke up, I called (im looking forward to doing this soooooo much because kids are like my favorite thing--thats why I have absolutely no problem with doing it for free!

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my mom to drive me!!!

Yay!!!

Now, tommorrow, im gonna go ina dnfill out the paper work, and GET FINGERPRINTED(its their policy to make sure anyone working with the kids has no criminal backround-yeah because im 13, im not a murderer)

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

russian_blue_kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats! I love kids as well, so I can imagine that you must be quite happy.
If you're ever looking for a job that pays, the paper route sounds like a good idea (though around here they don't have kids deliever anymore, trucks do it). Getting up early is just something that goes with a job and maybe you just don't want one that badly (and that's fine, you have plenty of time).

I had to get up at 5am to go babysit for a diet club my friend's mom belongs to, thought I wouldn't be able to do it. But the pay was good (25$ for the hour/hour and a half) and it was in the morning so I had my whole saturday, so I agreed. And it's great, as even now I still do it most Saturdays.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by russian_blue_kitten

I had to get up at 5am to go babysit for a diet club my friend's mom belongs to, thought I wouldn't be able to do it. But the pay was good (25$ for the hour/hour and a half) and it was in the morning so I had my whole saturday, so I agreed. And it's great, as even now I still do it most Saturdays.
You know, that's really a good idea, you could do a sideline with something like that - with the kids from the place you've found, maybe. Also, sometimes families want a nanny for the summer, and a good place to find one is there at their childcare center. (Although you wouldn't be be able to take them anyplace much, LOL.) Anyway, best of luck!!

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually, I WOULD get up at 5:00 in the morning if I had to.

But because I found the day care job, (or thought I would probably find it), I figured getting up wouldn't be neccessary. The trucks drop them off in my area. And I was talking to my stepdad. He realized that there would be no way that my mom would drive me to pick up my papers in the morning!!

Thanks guys for all the help. I have to get tested for a few things, and then I'm ready to start the job!! I'm so excited to be called Miss Julia!!