help! four year old attacked my adult daughter for no apparent reason.

eliza1950

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she will sit at the desk watching tv and ignoreing him.he lets out a loud angry meow and starts biting her on the arm/hand drawing blood. this has been happening daily for several months now.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds like it could be redirected aggression.. Are there any cats outside she may see, or anything else that may concern her?

This is an excellent article.. see if it makes sense to your situation, and do keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eliza1950

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
there is another inside cat that is older and sometimes picks on the four year old. there is not a lot of playing  with the cats .

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

there is another inside cat that is older and sometimes picks on the four year old. there is not a lot of playing  with the cats .
What about the feral cat(s) you were trying to trap?  Is your indoor cat able to see these cats?  The redirected aggression could be coming because of the outside feral cats. 

Are your indoor cats spayed and neutered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eliza1950

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
have had three stray cats make my yard their permanent home for  a couple of years now. the indoor cats are neutered. my daughter is feeding the feral cats at the colony and outside. she might be  wearing  the other cats smell on her clothes?