HELP! Found a stray, how can I trap him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Norachan Yes there are laws about it. If I report him, his cat would probably be taken away and re homed. I'll think about that after I talk to the owner.

French is my first language, but I just fell in love with English the first lesson I got in school. I now only speak French with SO and my family. Everything I read or watch is in English, I can't help it, it's a beautiful language!

I have a question : Is Looky eating at my place because he doesn't have food available at home? Or would he still be doing it anyway?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The fact that he is coming to your place for food as well as eating the neighbor's dog food makes me think he must be hungry.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's what I thought too. I called I-CAD and I must have read the tattoo wrong because they can't find the cat in their database. I'm heading over there now, I'll try to call Looky and get another look.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still no owner, but Looky was there. Poor thing, outside in the yard, no food or water. I brought kibbles with me, and let him eat. He kept stopping to be petted. He's such a sweetheart. I got a good look at his tattoo this time, and called I-CAD back. They found him in the database, and are going to call the owner, which is a woman. All the neighbors told me the owner was a young man, so either they never did change the ownership, or she lost her cat, I don't know, it's confusing. Either the owner or I-CAD is going to call me to let me know what's going on.

I had to argue with myself as to why I couldn't just scoop up Looky and bring him home. That's stealing, right?

He he definitely a male, but still not sure if he is fixed or not.

Update on I-CAD : They just called back, the owner left her cat to her ex-boyfriend and left the country. She is aware that the cat is seen roaming outside. I told the I-CAD person that the cat is neglected. I couldn't help myself. She is now calling the owner back to give her my phone number, so that we can talk about the cat. I'm going to try and have her transfer the ownership to me if I can. That poor kitty.

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update again : The owner's ex-boyfriend called me. He was surprised that his cat was coming to my house to eat. I tried to explain to him that he was hungry, to which he says he doesn't think so. Looky is fixed, so that's that. I talked to him about the ear mites, and he was willing to listen, but I don't know if he's gonna do anything about it.

I will keep feeding Looky when he comes, but I don't see what else I can do. He was very clear that it's his cat and he loves him. I think he's just ignorant about cat care.

If anything new happen I will post here.

Last edited:

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing new on Looky. He still comes every night to eat. I'll keep feeding him. I called the association and the vet to let them know that I found the owner. The association asked me if I would foster for them. I said YES. I'm really happy with that, I hope Sparrow will be too. I'm going to start another post about fostering. What would be the most appropriate forum for that?

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a good question. Not sure if we have a forum dedicated to fostering. We should, though. Do a search and see what comes up. I am on my iPad right now and can't use that feature.

Posting a new thread in this forum would work, too. Most of us here have fostered.

So happy they are working with you.