HELP! Formerly well adjusted adult cat relieving itself on bed!

miss kitty d.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boyfriend and I just moved in together to a new apt 3 months ago. For the first month our cat seemed to love it and we had no behavioral problems (as we have never had from her-she's always been so sweet and good!). In the last month she has pooped on our bed (usually his side-and most often on clean linens) several times and today she peed on the bed on my side after I wouldnt take her outside to play (b/c we'd already gone earlier). She has never peed on anything before this incident and I've had her almost 2 yrs. This is the 3rd apt she's lived in with me and we've never had these kinds of problems. Also, she's had more hairballs than she's ever ad since we moved in. I know 2 cats lived here prior. She is not left alone very often for very long and when we are home we both are very affecionate and playful with her. We spoil her b/c she is our little baby and we adore her-she even sleeps with us. Is this behavioral or health related? She just had a check up,etc a few months ago.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely a UTI brought on by the stress of the move - PLEASE take kitty to the vet ASAP.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Most likely a UTI brought on by the stress of the move - PLEASE take kitty to the vet ASAP.

Normally, cats don't display that kind of behavior unless it's a physical issue, or if they're stressed about something.

KittKatt