Help For A Very Meowy Kitty With Tummy Issues!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HoneyxDexter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She may be in heat again now.
Last time she was in heat she escaped before we could get her spayed but she doesn't have the same behaviour as last time, it's just her excessive yowling when we are near the kitchen and just in general. I mean could the behaviour vary every time she's in heat?

Unfortunately I can't go to the vets till next week as I've currently got exams this week and they are closed in the evenings :(.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HoneyxDexter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
An update for everyone!

It's been a few months since I posted only since I've been busy with exams, after a getting her spayed she still seemed to have a bit of dhiarrea, but suddenly it all disappeared. She's a healthy kitty now. However her personality still stays the same but I love her even though she's like that :D

k-niner47

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really don't know where to start... as this is both behavioural and a health issue for my poor Honey :(.

Honey is the most LOUDEST cat you would ever meet, when we first bought her we had to let all our neighbours know that we weren't killing our cat... she just sounded like that. And whenever we take her to the vets she sets the dogs off in the other building... not only that but she's also driving my family insane, I seem to be the only one pitting her. So yeah her yowling and screaming habit is crazy as it's ongoing throughout the day (it's worse when you're in the kitchen).

She's always had this since she was a kitten but it got worse when she had her first litter of kitten as she escaped the house and went missing for two days (We are to blame for that :(.)

Not only that, this month, she's had ongoing foul smelling dhiarrea(sometimes with mucus) it makes you want to throw up , and she wants food ALL THE TIME. I thought it was stress... but I had to go to the vets as this wasn't an issue I could ignore. Vets gave her bland food at first and when that didn't work we came back and she got antibiotics.

I've done a bit of research, and fell upon Hyperthyriodism... but I've read it only happens to cats above the age of 10.

Honestly I'm running out of ideas, I need to go back to the vets as soon as possible but I want to have a general issue or maybe suggestions of what it could be so I could suggest it to my vet?

Our other cat had to have an operation this month due to a traffic accident and it spiralled up to a sum off £3000 so we are currently a bit tight on the financial side, so I can't keep coming back to vets, even though we might have to.

Anyways, sorry for all the information but I would love to hear other cat owners information on this, maybe people who've had cats with similar symptoms or screaming cats, since I would love for Honey to finally be able to calm down as she always looks scared now :(.

Many thanks!

k-niner47

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To me ,it sounds like she could be in heat.We used to have a small orange/brownish female cat who was not fixed,and she could growl,and make noise.If it is that then its a relatively inexpensive fix.Otherwise my best guess is it,s digestion related.Has she taken to the coconut oil well at all?
Good luck,dont worry about the info,the more the better.