Help!! For 5 days my cat will not eat and was vomiting

tolivari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 7 year old male cat that as of 5 days ago started vomiting clear or greenish liquid and stopped eating, drinking and washing himself. He had a full blood panel that was negative for everything including poison. The vet x-rayed his tummy and though it could be a bowl obstruction so she gave him an enema. He had a BM and nothing looked abnormal. The vet also gave him a shot of anti-inflammatory and antibiotic. I have been force feeding him every 2 hours but there is no change in his condition. We live in the mountains where there is lots of wildlife including raccoons. I don’t know if this is a virus, spider bite etc. Any help or advice you can give would be very helpful.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS..... So sorry your cat is so sick:(.... I am glad you are force feeding because a cat cannot go for more than a day or most two of not eating. The vet could not give you any answers? Is your cat an outdoor cat? Has your cat been regularly dewormed? It is possible it could be a bite of some sort. If you are not getting answers from your vet, you might want a second opinion :dk:. I am so sorry that I can't give you more to go on your kitty sounds quite ill and if there is no improvement I would call the vet again, right away. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry your baby is sick, but I have no idea what it might be.  Is he keeping the food you are force feeding him down?  Did the Vet give you any other options as to what it might be?  All I can advise at this point is continued force feeding .  How long has it been, now, that you've been doing that?  If more than a day or two, I'd definitely be talking to the Vet again (or another Vet)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If it is a bowl obstruction, vet did tried with enema, you tell.

Another possibility could be to give orally liquid paraffine (or something similiar.  In USA they often talk about  petroleum jelly ).  It cleans most obstructions and is  used often in Sweden...  The difficulty is to get this liquid paraffine food grade.

Although the vet does know this surely.

You could ask anyway.

Good luck!   *vibes*

Last edited: