Help, discharge has blood

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I posted about my cat being pregnant and not knowing how far along she is and today I noticed a bit of bloody discharge and a swollen vaginal area. She's been staying under the bed, not eating much, and being very sleepy for at least 3 days. Yesterday I noticed brown on the back of her hair and thought it might be a bit of diarrhea but did not find that in her box so am assuming she had a bit of the discharge yesterday as well. Yesterday it was a bit more, enough to see, but not a lot. It's mostly brown when I wipe it. Should I be watching her a lot more now? When should I expect kittens? I have no idea if she's full term or not because I wasn't even told she was pregnant when the lady gave her to me.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This could mean the kittens are coming
The brown stuff may be dried blood. Keep watch on her over the next little while, watch for contractions. If she seeps sick or anything, the vet may be the best incase she's not in labor, but I think you mentioned on the other thread that she had a vet appt. tomorrow, so fingers crossed everythings going well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I talked to him personally on the phone. He thinks she's in labor now. I am not sure we should bother her and take her to the appointment now. They asked me when I wiped it what color was it and it was brown not red. I also have noticed a little watery discharge tinted with pink. From what the vet said this is all normal and she definitely would be in labor. Unfortunately I cannot say if she's full term or not because I don't know when she was bred so if she's not she might be miscarrying. It's really hard to say.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she is in labor to me.
I have seen it happen before.
My manx lost kittens before years ago and she had a discharge like that.
Lets hope she is full term and in labor.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you felt/saw them moving, they're probably ready/close to ready to have them
If your vet says things should be fine, then I agree
Now you just have to wait....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carlysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CuteKittenKat

Since you felt/saw them moving, they're probably ready/close to ready to have them
If your vet says things should be fine, then I agree
Now you just have to wait....
I honestly cannot say if I've felt them move. This is my first time for this and all I feel are air bubbles and not sure if that's kitten movement or not. She seems comfortable with where she is and she is in full purr mode. She will not stop purring.