Help, Debit Card Question?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I hate to say it, but is this company maybe a scam?

I hope you can get your money back!!
No it is not a scam. I signed up in September of last year and I have no issues until I tried to cancel.

The website is for home schooling. It has all kinds of curriculum for grades K-12.

There are tons of worksheets and study guides. I was able to build my daughters entire 10th grade studies with everything from this site.

I really liked the site and we used it from September 2006 to June 2007 with no issues. It was actually very cheap compared to other curriculum sites.

They took out the billing once a month and I got a confirmation email once a month when the billing went through.

It is just canceling the service that has been the nightmare.

I don't think they have a customer service center as the email that said I was canceled came directly from the president/owner of the company.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned this from dealing with AOL. Even if they say they will cancel you keep a close eye on your statements. Some companies (and AOL did this to us) still charged us even after we said cancel us to a CSR multiple times. We did not keep the charge soon enough to have it disputed. AOL refunded a small amount of what they shoukd never have charged us. Also get a comfirmation number when you cancel on the phone. Also get the name of the person you talk to with the company and make a note of the day and time you actually talked to someone want canceling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

IMO I'd be searching for another homeschool company and check them out better
We were planning on that anyway as I did like this site but we need more GED study guides and information which I am building up now for this coming up school year.

This site was fairly new as I did not come across it in my searchs from a couple years ago.

I will definalty look into any new sites I find.