It's Razz his brother, and me (I'm mum),
Who sit at home and wish
Mudgey's new world be full of mice and birds,
And a whole range of favourite fish!

With cuddles, nose rubs, hugs and "squishes"
Smudge, we kiss you on your way.
The angels have made your special cloud
The most comfy place to stay....

RIP Mudgey-cat... I will never forget you...

Missed dreadfully by mum and brother, Razz-cat :-( (14/1/2005)

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was really sweet... and so sad. I'm sorry to hear about your baby but I'm sure he's at that special place, looking after you and his brother.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is such an incredibly beautiful tribute to your baby. Tears are running down my face. Oh, I'm so very sorry you lost your precious Smudge.
Your heart must be shattered, you love your baby boy so much. I wish there were words to ease your pain. Sweet Smudge is in perfect health now, playing and chasing birds in Heaven, and I know you will be reunited. My heart aches for you now, and I pray that you will feel strength and peace in your heart during your difficult time of grief. Sierra and I send love to you and Razz.

jan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry too. I've been following Smudge's story, because it's so like my Jimmy's and I'm so sorry that you've lost him. He tried to hang on for you because he loved you so much, just like Jimmy tried to stay with us. They're both out of their pain now and I hope they find each other. Take care.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Birni, I am so very sorry about Smudge, I have just seen this and wanted to send a cyber hug to you. May he frolic happily and free from pain at the bridge until you are reunited.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto! Bobbie
I am sending hugs and warm thoughts. I know this has to be so sad for you.

Originally Posted by huggles

oh sweetheart - I am so sorry to hear of Smudges illness
I know this must be such a difficult time for you. I personally can not offer you any advise but many members have been through similar illnesses and hopefully they will be able to offer you some advise shortly.
I would give Smudge anything he wants in these last days to ensure he is as happy as can be

Treasure these last days with Smudge - know that we are here for you during this time and feel free to pm me if you need a shoulder to lean on

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about your Smudge. May his spirit rejoice in being freed from the diseased body. You loved and cared for him as much as only a true mum could. It's my wish that in time your pain will subside and you can remember what a special place he had in your life without shedding too many tears.

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost your Smudge
The poem is very moving.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep Smudge happy and love her. I would want her to be near me as much as she can. I know this is hard for you. ***hugs***

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what a beautiful tribute to Smudge

I am so very sorry that the time came for Smudge to move on - but know that he is forever watching over you. He is now playing freely and in no pain at all at the Rainbow Bridge and will wait for the day you meet again.

RIP sweet angel Smudge

meechmelon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know your pain well. My little Timon was diagnosed with CRF in July and died in October. Like your Smudge, he was 10 years old. It's such a shock to lose a kitty who is still so young! CRF is so cruel.

Cry all you want and post all you want. the hurt will lift somewhat, with time.

take great care, and try to remember the happy things that made you fall in love with Smudge in the first place.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Smudge.
I lost my cat Blackie to CRF, he had to be put to sleep a week before his tenth birthday. I know it is a very hard thing to have gone through.

RIP Smudge

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

birni

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,
I want to say thankyou to you all - you really have been such a great support group and it is so appreciated. It's been two weeks today since we said goodbye and this week has been better pain wise... not so many tears... Razzy and I are moving on. Razz has taken up "comfort eating" I think, so has now been put on a bit of a diet (thinks his throat is cut, poor pudda). He also immediately took to sleeping in the box that Smudge had "adopted" for his last days and I still haven't had the heart to get rid of it!
I still feel as if it is all a little unreal though.....

hugs to you all!

Birni and Razz-cat

maverickmills

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let him have whatever he wants - if he will eat at all and keep up the sub-q treatment. My boy will be lucky to see the night out according to the vet and he was on iv for 72 hours, came home, was well for 3 days and then went down hill fast. I have only been using the sub-q treatment for 3 days and will continue until he either perks up or passes. This is really hard for me as I am a person who cares way more for my animals than I do for humans!!!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let him have whatever he wants - if he will eat at all and keep up the sub-q treatment. My boy will be lucky to see the night out according to the vet and he was on iv for 72 hours, came home, was well for 3 days and then went down hill fast. I have only been using the sub-q treatment for 3 days and will continue until he either perks up or passes. This is really hard for me as I am a person who cares way more for my animals than I do for humans!!!!
Welcome to TCS and very sorry to here your kitty is so very sick. Just wanted to let you know that you replied to an old thread from 2005. This happens all the time, so it is perfectly fine! We are glad you found us. You sound like many of us here on this board in that we care so dearly for our kitties, they ARE family and we love them deeply. Please feel free to check out the other forums and post a thread in Health if you so desire. You will get much support here :hugs: :hugs: Mega vibes for you and your boy. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

maverickmills

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just lost a kitty to CRF and it is so unfair. You can be fortunate and have a cat that will have months or years of happy and quality life but, like my boy, it was all over within 2 weeks. You don't have enough time to prepare yourself in cases like this. I hope your kitty is one of the lucky ones. My thoughts are with you and Smudge.