Help! Cat Won't Eat

bestdayever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 9 month old kitten has food allergies. I put her on a limited ingredient trial diet which back fired because she got bored with her food and stopped eating.

I put her back on fancy feast to get her to eat something and she had a bad allergic reaction. Now she has an itchy hot spot of her face that I'm treating with cortisone.

I've tried all week to get her to eat every other LID novel protein food I can find but she won't touch any of it. Last night I was able to get her to eat a couple boiled chicken tenderloins but this morning she wouldn't show interest.

I don't know what else to do. I can't get her to the vet because she goes into violent fits when I try to get her into her carrier. I'm worried about what will happen if she stop eating completely.

Please help. Any advice is appreciated.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken and fish seem to be big culprits with allergies. 

FF is not a bad food. I am using Pride for my guy. He walks away from the other novel proteins...I know it is expensive, but have you tried Natures Variety Instinct?  

Good luck and I am sure others will join in with better ideas....it still seems to be a bit early...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bestdayever

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's allergic to ff so that's why I can't feed it to her anymore. I've tried NV but she won't eat it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Try the Pride.. It is a good line. I am giving my guy the Rabbit...

And what I did was take him off all poultry.

That and the treatment for IBD, helped so much..not vomiting at all...

He used to vomit immediately after eating...I watched him and correlated it with chicken.. I took him off of chicken, vomiting improved, but not complexity..had the IBD workup, and now is on the novel protein...

Two trains of thought..one is to stay with one protein, so that if he becomes allergic to that one, there are others available. 

Other train of thought is toggle a variety of novel proteins. That way there os less of a chance for an allergy to one of them...

Could also be one of the fillers in the food also...

Good luck....