Help, cat sick

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry.

We got the pathology results on Sat and they showed cancer, but we would have had to do more tests to determine anything further. We decided if she continued to improve and would start to eat on her own we would keep her comfortable in her last days.

Then on Sat and especially Sunday, she seemed to go downhill. She started to throw up her syringe feed food. She seemed to really lose her balance, was slowly moving about and then finally last night she stopped purring and didn't want to be around anyone and just kinda stared off into the distance for long periods of time. It was heart breaking especially after seeing such an improvement 2 days earlier, and then such a dramatic decline and we decided to put her to sleep this morning.
This is exactly how it was with one of our cats. Exactly. Our vet told me the mass must have been causing a blockage at that point, causing the throwing up and all the pain that was causing the change in behavior.

My heart goes out to you, I know how painful this must be for you. I'm very, very sorry for your loss.